new Navy SEAL BUD/S training helmet

1canpara

I just picked up this nice example of a SEAL BUD/S helmet liner that I've been told is from the land warfare phase of their training. I'm still pretty new to understanding SEAL gear and uniforms so can anyone explain the significance of the number 222? Is this a student or candidate number?

I've left the sailors name covered for this post but it is clear and legible under the tape.

Rick

post-9167-0-55059000-1406527608.jpg

post-9167-0-62285000-1406527616.jpg

post-9167-0-83709000-1406527626.jpg

222 is the class #. This is class 222, from 2003 or so. I think current classes are past 250 now. Not sure...

Thanks for this, that makes sense.

Rick

HeadOfSteel

Nice pickup. I just saw the movie "Lone Survivor" and they had a clip of these types of liners in it. If a soldier at anytime wanted to quit training or drop out, he would place his liner on the ground in the row of other men who dropped out and ring a bell. Gentlemen please correct me if I am wrong on this.

That is a very nice pick up! The recent books about Navy SEALS have some pictures of these kind of pots (if I remember correctly). If you ever want to part with the beauty, let me know =)

Nice pickup. I just saw the movie "Lone Survivor" and they had a clip of these types of liners in it. If a soldier at anytime wanted to quit training or drop out, he would place his liner on the ground in the row of other men who dropped out and ring a bell. Gentlemen please correct me if I am wrong on this.

One small correction needed. These are not "soldiers" , they are sailors.