Vietnam Jackets & Prototype Multicam

FT.Monmouth1943

FT.Monmouth1943

The past two days I've gone to some thrift shops and flea markets and these were my finds. I picked up an M-50 jacket ID'd to a SPC Melani, a desert BDU ID'd to a corporal Melanson, another desert BDU ID'd to a staff sergeant Teasdale with a 1st logistical command patch, a post WWII 1948 USMC tunic ID'd to a C.F. Blacka jr, a 1970/71 MA-1 flight jacket, and last but not least a prototype multicam jacket .post-134998-0-03811900-1406505505.jpgpost-134998-0-53389800-1406505734.jpgpost-134998-0-31216600-1406505745.jpg

FT.Monmouth1943

That is just like one I recently got! May I ask where you found it?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/213908-experimental-uniforms/page-2

I picked mine up at a local flea market in New Jersey for $30. It was the only multicam piece the lady had and I don't think she was aware that it was a prototype.

That is just like one I recently got! May I ask where you found it?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/213908-experimental-uniforms/page-2

I did not even know they were prototypes, I thought they were just custom jobs, but some friends and I sold off a bunch that we had on eBay during the shutdown last October. Had them sitting in storage for years and we were fed up with having to work without knowing when we would be paid, so we figured we would sell them. There's no doubt I still have all of the emails from the eBay sales saved in my email account if someone wanted to see if they bought one from me or a friend of mine.

See, this is why I love this forum, once again (you would think I would learn by now!!) I had something of potential value, that I thought was ordinary, that I sold instead of offering to collectors. You live and learn...sigh!