bhmilitarycollector84

got these

any ideas what they are

are they military or school or something

made buy wolf brown

thanx

ben

post-7181-0-28868500-1406426410.jpg

Some of if not all are National Guard ribbons. The Green/White/Green ones are the Michigan Lifesaving Medal. The Yellow and Blue one is the Montana Physical Fitness Ribbon. The Red/Pale Blue/Red I think is the Maine Achievement Award. The Green/Thin White/Thin Red/White/Thin Red/Thin White/Green is the Washington Commendation Medal.

The top right blue/yellow could be the USN Distinguished Public Service Award, and that red white and green ribbon might also be a Republic of Korea ribbon (not their PUC). The grey/blue ribbon I believe is used by more than one state but don't quote me on that.

EDIT: The navy's Distinguished Public Service Award was created in 1951; I don't know if Wolf-Brown was still making those plastic ribbons at that point though...

My bet is that the blue and yellow ribbon is for the WWI New Jersey Veteran's medal. The bottom ribbon that is blue and white (cream) is probably the USS Brooklyn Commemorative ribbon. The white side is far too light to be the grey portion of the Civil War Campaign in my opinion.

I have a Korea Service and a Korea UN Wolf Browne plastic ribbons, so am sure they were making them into the early 1950's, but the army regulations changed around 1952 stating that ribbons could not be covered or impregnated with any sort of foreign material, so these plastic ribbons were a thing of the past by the end of the Korean war.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...