G-1 USN Leather Jacket - How did I do ?

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

This Summer I started setting up at a local Flea Market with a buying Militaria table. Its outside, its usually nice, im off from work and so far Ive enjoyed it. Things have started to trickle in. A lady brought this jacket in yesterday. Said it was a neighbors she had gotten a long time ago. Doesnt have a first name of the man, she only knew him as Mr Wochaski (Metro Detroit area). Anyway, i knew exactly "0" about these before I bought it, and thanks to old forum posts, I know a lot more. I think I did ok and got a real one. I traded a small TR item to her for it that her husband wanted. I didnt have much invested in that, and it wasnt anything special. What do you guys think? Does it looks like a decent one?

thanks for looking!

Jay

post-52765-0-15056700-1406402828.jpg

Nice late-Nam dated jacket. The honey colored mouton collar is unusual for a jacket that late & looks nice. Not much later they switched to a synthetic "fun fur" for the collar. Good find!

Tim

I agree, a nice find with the mouton collar. The number "DSA-100-68-C-1805" indicates the jacket was made in 1968.

BigDogMilitaria

Very cool. I have to figure out how to find the owners info, Im hoping something will turn up

• 2 weeks later...