Odd foreign made USAF sergeant stripe with wreath

Siamundo

This was mixed in with a small group of patches I picked up and it has me puzzled as to exactly what it is. On the surface it looks like a US Air Force rank, but it is different. It looks like it might be Korean made possibly? Anyone familiar with this pattern or what the wreath denotes?

post-2744-0-13014700-1406344217.jpg

post-2744-0-99247000-1406344223.jpg

Weird huh, seems to be one of those fashion pieces made for hippster or kiddies jackets, what do the rest of you think?

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

didn't the sgtmajor of the af have a wreath around his star for a while back in the 80's? i agree about the korean make of this thing.

Well the wreath would denote the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force. It's missing a few stripes for that. I would go with what's already been said, looks like a fashion piece. (Ugly fashion piece)

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your thoughts. I had even wondered if this might be somehow related to the South Korean Air Force. Like I mentioned earlier, it was mixed in with some other insignia and did really not affix much value to it but just wanted to get some second opinions.

Its not South Korean Air Force. Their ranks look much different. That not to say it wasn't made in S Korea. When I was stationed there we could have just about anything made at the shops just off base. Could have been a gag gift for someone.

Its not South Korean Air Force. Their ranks look much different. That not to say it wasn't made in S Korea. When I was stationed there we could have just about anything made at the shops just off base. Could have been a gag gift for someone.

Yeah, that very well might be what they are, Chief SrA of the Air Force. I have heard that term before about smart-rump SrA.

-Ski

firefighter

Yeah, that very well might be what they are, Chief SrA of the Air Force. I have heard that term before about smart-rump SrA.

-Ski

SKI, Thats what I was thinking.Never saw anything like that when I was in either.

Could be a joke patch for a buddy.

Agree that it was probably made as a means to bust someone's balls. Probably a kid with an attitude whom they dubbed the Chief Master Airman of the AF. The wreath around the star looks to be added on and is definitely off-center.

-Ski

We used the term Command Chief SrA of The Air Force for all of those wanna be chiefs in the field. hahaha