Reenactments at "War & Peace Revival, 2014"

Sabrejet

General Apathy

I dont think there's any show where one wouldnt run into Titus..... ;-)

Hi Ian, nice to see that you included a shot of Titus, Johan I think you will possibly agree with me that Titus turns up at almost every show in Europe, I seem to recall I may have actually seen him at some shows in the US as well.

He appears to be able to cover any nationality, both civilian and military from late 1800's through to about 1945, he's one of a kind is Titus and always up for a discussion.

ken

Hi Ian, nice to see that you included a shot of Titus, Johan I think you will possibly agree with me that Titus turns up at almost every show in Europe, I seem to recall I may have actually seen him at some shows in the US as well.

He appears to be able to cover any nationality, both civilian and military from late 1800's through to about 1945, he's one of a kind is Titus and always up for a discussion.

ken

Titus is an old friend of mine. He has an impressive collection of pictures of himself in shows and events across the world.

My two favorites are the one where is he dressed in soviet frontvik, holding the red flag and "annoying" a row of 82nd Airborne Div. officers in Ste Mère Eglise by waving it right under their noses. Some of the officers look very upset.

Second one was shot in Hawaii for the 60th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Titus is dressed in US sailor and he managed to sneak in front of CJCS General Myers for a picture. General Myers looks at Titus in awe while two USMC generals look at him with angry faces.

vintageproductions

Titus is an old friend of mine. He has an impressive collection of pictures of himself in shows and events across the world.

My two favorites are the one where is he dressed in soviet frontvik, holding the red flag and "annoying" a row of 82nd Airborne Div. officers in Ste Mère Eglise by waving it right under their noses. Some of the officers look very upset.

Second one was shot in Hawaii for the 60th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Titus is dressed in US sailor and he managed to sneak in front of CJCS General Myers for a picture. General Myers looks at Titus in awe while two USMC generals look at him with angry faces.

He also used to show up to many shows in the US, and we always looked forward to seeing what he would wear each day.

Everything bar the kitchen sink!

You can always tell a Brit re-enactor no matter what uniform he's in, from the way he holds his rifle...

If we're looking at the quality of the reenacting at W & P, here's a good example....the Home Guard display. The Home Guard hold a very special place in the hearts of we Brits...especially those of my generation. In fact, Britain's most popular tv sitcom...ever..."Dad's Army"...is about a Home Guard platoon. First aired in the late 60s it is still shown today, such is its enduring popularity! ( YouTube it!) For those of you who aren't au fait with what the Home Guard were all about, they were first mooted by Prime Minister Churchill in the dark days of 1940 when Britain's back was to the wall. At first, they were known as Local Defence Volunteers or LDVs and were raised from mostly mature men who were either too old for military service or who were not physically A1. Their task was to guard local installations, to act as lookouts along the coast, and to be prepared to defend against a possible invasion. Initially, their weapons were improvized as the British army had priority after the debacle at Dunkirk. Gradually, as the supply situation eased, they received Battledress uniforms and rifles etc., and were re-named the Home Guard. They were largely trained by ex-NCOs recalled to the colours and organized along army lines in companies and platoons etc., with an army -style chain of command. The group pictured here did a very good job with an accurate rendition of the equipment and a typical mix of "mature" men and young "boy" recruits. The moral is: You're never too old to reenact!

post-8022-0-19767500-1406312988.jpg

You can always tell a Brit re-enactor no matter what uniform he's in, from the way he holds his rifle...

Dutch actually......

Great shots, keep them coming for those of us who'll never get to see this amazing show!

Dutch actually......

Yeah, they hold their stuff the same way, I think they mostly march with British-inspired drill, right? I know their uniforms look a lot like Brit stuff to a degree...

They adopted some British-style items in the post-war era...US too...a bit of a mixture, like their Belgian neighbours. In fact, Dutch Army officers' four pocket jackets bear a passing resemblance to WW2 US officers' jackets and are often "converted" by European re-enactors.