So my wife wanted a bookshelf...

God bless our significant others, those poor souls who had no clue when they met us that our love for them just about equals our love of militaria. My poor wife wanted a bookshelf so she went out and bought one and assembled it herself (we both read alot). Fast forward a few months and this is what I've done to it. I feel bad. I really do. Sort of..

post-104906-0-62410000-1405905295.jpg

Looking to buy US dog tags, any era. Contact me and let me know what you have!

At least you have confined it to a book shelf. I recently took over my daughters childhood playroom. As you say, God Bless our significant others. By the way, my daughter just graduated college, so I waited a respectable amount of time. Kevin

I am eagerly collecting Pre-WWII USMC material. Any Marine Corps Span Am era, WWI, Banana Wars, or China Marine related material is especially sought after.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

I wish it was confined to the bookshelf. I took over an entire section of the living room when we moved in!

post-104906-0-31650100-1405907671.jpg

bellasilva,

Are you alone with your friend in your avatar now?

Ken

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less."

GEN Robert E. Lee

bellasilva,

Are you alone with your friend in your avatar now?

Ken

Sure, Bella is always lounging next to me..good thing is, I can collect as much as I want and she'll still love me!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

When we were deciding if we should have a second child, I was faced with the dilemma of were to put my collection as we would need the third bedroom for the new kid. Instead of putting everything in storage, I just added 350 sqft to the house and created a new kids room in the process.  Much easier than deciding to pack up my collection. 

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Looking for CV-7 Wasp groupings

Our deal is that she won't complain (too much)  about my collections of stuff, if I don't complain (too much) about her thousands of shoes and tons of clothes.  It's worked OK for 30 years so far.  

That idea to expand your house sounds like a brilliant solution to the problem.

Mikie   

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

When my wife and I were house shopping, she wanted to have two kids (we didn't have any when we bought out first house) so I only agreed if we got a 4 bedroom house because I would need a spot for the collection.

US Army National Guard 2008 - 2018.

US Air Force Reserve 2018 - Present.

Oh, I love the idea! However, it is reversed in our house . . .books first - military second. I'm afraid when it comes to downsizing, books are one of the last in my mind. Here is a corner or the back room upstairs (shelves surround the whole room, but I can't take a 360! :) )

back room with books2.JPG

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 11:28 AM, Woodymyster said:

When we were deciding if we should have a second child, I was faced with the dilemma of were to put my collection as we would need the third bedroom for the new kid. Instead of putting everything in storage, I just added 350 sqft to the house and created a new kids room in the process.  Much easier than deciding to pack up my collection. 

Good call.

The closet in our bedroom is for my long coats. One of the kids rooms has been re-designated my military room. There can be roving displays, just about any where. I only wish i could find a way to evict Tammy from the hall way closet, but this could be a declaration of war.