Japanese range finder binoculars ?

firebaseb

Hello everyone, A fellow work mate owns this pair of Japanese binoculars & I told him I would try & help ID them. They're in pretty good shape with the leather strap being strong, pliable & not dried out. Only info I can find so far on the net is that they were probably a private purchase by the Japanese officer & most likely not military issue. The right side lens has a range graph both horizontal & vertical & is clear. unfortunately it doesn't have the case. Any additional help with opinions & value would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bob -

post-3538-0-99815000-1405814155.jpg

post-3538-0-99260900-1405814183.jpg

While we appreciate you are trying to help your friend, these are outside of the scope of this forum. This is intended for sharing items that were brought back and positively attributed to a a specific soldier, sailor or airman.

We have several members who subscribe to the Wehrmacht Awards Forum, which also has a very active Japanese section. They do charge a subscription fee, but they have quite a bit of expertise over there.

I am locking this thread. Our individual members may respond through Private Messaging on this item.