Marine Corps badge collection MP, Provost, Security

Bob Hudson

firefighter

Here are photos of what I think was a prototype of the current-issue MP badge. It was made by Sun Badge (as shown on the backside photo.)

Now that’s a badge

Thought I'd add another group since it's not represented as of this writing ... the previous-to-the-current issue used a custom seal that read "UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS - LAW ENFORCEMENT" ... always wished they had retained it on today's Iwo Jima issue. (By the way, the #121's panels have the gold-electroplate rubbed away; they were all originally all gold-plated like the #1042.)

post-179704-0-08163200-1526092415.jpg

post-179704-0-89391800-1526092431.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but you do have an impressive collection. I just started collecting USMC badges and came across this thread. If you ever interested in selling these please let me know. Thank you for sharing your collection.

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2014 at 3:48 PM, Bob Hudson said:

This is part of a privately-held collection that is displayed in various Provost Marshal and MP offices at Marine Corps bases. This badge collection is moving from Camp Pendleton to MCAS Miramar and I got a chance to photograph it while the collection's curator was doing some clean up work on the displays. Some of the badges were behind glass that could not easily be removed so there are reflections on those.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

These are absolutley GORGEOUS...I am watching one now on Ebay but not as nice as these....how did you collect all these and what did these usually weigh?  were they hefty?  I am a Marine but I stayed away from the MP's so I wouldnt know about their badges LOL 

2 hours ago, LCPL MOE said:

These are absolutley GORGEOUS...I am watching one now on Ebay but not as nice as these....how did you collect all these and what did these usually weigh?  were they hefty?  I am a Marine but I stayed away from the MP's so I wouldnt know about their badges LOL 

This collection is the work of a World War II Marine officer who got into MP and provost marshal work during the occupation of Japan. I handled a lot of these when the displays were being redone and yes   they had some heft to them.