German Artillery Systems...

Proud Kraut

...made in U.S.A.

I really enjoy visiting this forum's section time by time. Strolling through the Arty School's large-equipment collection today, I thought I could share some pictures of U.S. Artillery systems that had been in use with the Bundeswehr.

After WW II the new Bundeswehr Artillery was equipped and trained by the U.S.Army. Very few vehicles had been acquired from other countries in the 1950's. Only wheeled vehicles made in Germany were in use then.

Please find attached some first impressions. I will add some more pictures, contemporary photographs, manuals etc. from time to time.

P.S.: No need to raise red flags, this thread is in accordance with USMF-Rule No. 7 "...Acceptable Non-US Items...US-made items that are used by foreign countries...".

Overview

01.JPG

02.JPG

Proud Kraut

M 109 A3G, M52 and M55 Panzerhaubitzen. 16 M55 were in use by the Bw. This particular M55 (one of the most impressive post war howitzers IMHO) was used later as a hard target for several decades. It was "saved" from a training area last year. Unfortunately no other one "survived".

k-P1060387.JPG

k-P1060393.JPG

k-P1060389.JPG

Proud Kraut

MOST IMPORTANT!!! ;) Paperwork. Hundreds of old U.S. manuals, reports etc. etc. can be found still today (a little bit hidden) in our archive.

man1.jpg

Proud Kraut

Last one for today. I definitively have to find out more about this M3 Halftrack variation. Any information is highly appreciated.

k-P1060381.JPG

k-P1060386.JPG

k-P1060382.JPG

A fine selection of well-preserved hardware. Thanks for the insight Lars. It's a little-known facility (outside of Germany)

Thanks for posting these. As a former cannoneer, it's nice to see some familiar "faces," not to mention unfamilar ones to read up on!

The Meatcan

neat pix Lars! Looks like some really interesting displays.

thanks for sharing and hope to see more pix from this collection soon.

Terry

Proud Kraut

Thanks for the kind feedback, guys!

A M 44 howitzer (on the right).

k-P1060394.JPG

The museum is still looking for a M 44 model kit in 1/35 or larger scale. If you know where to find one, please let me know

On the left a British/Canadian M7 variant ("SEXTON?), that hadn't been in use by the Bw.