104th Signal Co. Bring back group- Leica IIIc and Torn EB

Timberwolf

Hey all,

Finally was able to complete T/5 Morrison's grouping. I picked up the initial part of it about mid 2013 from a collector I work part time for. He gave me the daughter's info and we got to talking and well the rest is history. I'm super happy to be the care taker of these items! I'd never thought I'd own an original vet bringback Leica, let alone a whole German radio set with this much provenance.

He was in the 104th Signal Co.'s message center. She also threw in the "104th Signal" book and and a few other paperwork items. Never knew the signal book existed so that was pretty cool! She said she remembered him having the radio working in the 50's, and he used the camera his whole life. She said the camera was bounced around in the unit as no one could figure out how to use it. He was an photographer pre-war and said there wood shims in it for infrared photographs (not sure about that), and he removed them and got it to work just fine. The camera is Luftwaffe serial numbered. I forgot to photograph the accessory case for the Torn eb, but I hopefully will add some shots of it later on.

post-19184-0-67162200-1405485726.jpg

post-19184-0-41795800-1405485946.jpg

Torn eb radio component. Has original shipping tag that Mr. Morrison used to send it home (not pictured)

Thanks! The interior of both pieces are definitely in mint shape! Unfortunately the outsides didn't fair as well as they were kept in a garage!