Can you I.D. this shoulder holster please?

hhc1stidf

I have looked all over the internet, with no success. I am hoping someone will be able to identify this shoulder holster. Thanks in advance.

post-6287-0-35599200-1405482463.jpg

It is for the Detective Special and other 2" revolvers. It was made by several different contractors. Does it have any markings on the back?

Thank you for helping me! I appreciate that very much. There are no markings that I could find anywhere on the holster.

• 4 weeks later...

I've found that the Pate book that Ron references above has been a very useful resource in my library over the years...

David Albert

[email protected]

Absolutely! Probably the single most useful book available for U.S. handgun collectors.

El Bibliotecario

I agree Pate's US HANDGUNS OF WW2 is an excellent reference. I believe this holster is also shown in another excellent reference, E S Meadows's US MILITARY HOLSTERS AND PISTOL CARTRIDGE BOXES,

Excellent.

Kevin, I think I have found a shoulder holster like the one I emailed you about. It is a Brauer Brothers NS12 model. It will go with my CIC Detective Special. Ron

Blockislander

I just picked up a Vietnam era black shoulder holster for a 2" medium frame revolver. I will post pictures when I get back from vacation.

• 1 month later...

I have looked all over the internet, with no success. I am hoping someone will be able to identify this shoulder holster. Thanks in advance.

Not easy to find these anymore. A little "roomy" for the S&W 36 but tailor-made to accommodate the Gen I Dick Special's D Frame. Your example is a beaut. Now don't go trying to stuff a 2" Combat Python into that hoster (tempting as it is)!