AALC Patch

QED4

I hate to admit I did this but I had this patch and thought it was Navy (which I don't collect) so I sold it only to find out it was Army (which I do collect). I was so upset I forgot to write down what the patch really is and now I found another one and still don't know what it is. So if any one can tell me what the unit is, the time frame, and anything about the unit I would greatly appreciate it.

post-55-0-69117800-1405356848.jpg

radmanpatches

I thought that this was Navy-Amphibious Assault Landing Craft. That is what I've been told several times.

Mark

It appeared and was IDed in the 2007 edition of Chris Aleck's book Authorized Shoulder Sleeve Insignia of the U.S. Army as Amphibious Assault Landing Craft, a joint Army-Navy program in the 1969-70 time frame, which the Army later dropped out of. It was not included in subsequent editions, presumably because it was a pocket patch.

Thanks a lot, that would make since it is a joint Army Navy patch. I did not think it would be that old though. Now I know what it is and will hang on to this one.

It appeared and was IDed in the 2007 edition of Chris Aleck's book Authorized Shoulder Sleeve Insignia of the U.S. Army as Amphibious Assault Landing Craft, a joint Army-Navy program in the 1969-70 time frame, which the Army later dropped out of. It was not included in subsequent editions, presumably because it was a pocket patch.

It is in the 2013 edition of Aleck's book ... p. 51 in the Engineers section.