Michigan's Military and Space Heroes Museum

uniformcollector

riflegreen297

Master Sergeant Anthony Yost

attachicon.gifphoto 4-39.JPG

R.I.P. TONY!!! Tony Yost and I were team mates on ODB 040 in 2/10 SFG (A) back in 1996. Being Tony was SF I do not understand why there is an Infantry cord on his Greens? Is this the same museum that has Jarion Halbisen-Gibbs' display also?

uniformcollector

I'm not sure why he has an infantry cord, but he also has a CIB. I will check to see if they have a display for Jarion Halbisen-Gibbs. I took photos of almost all of the displays, but do not have the names for all of them. If you could tell me if he was in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, etc., I will check and see. Also, I believe that they rotate displays and it may have not been up at the time that I took the photos.

riflegreen297

I'm not sure why he has an infantry cord, but he also has a CIB. I will check to see if they have a display for Jarion Halbisen-Gibbs. I took photos of almost all of the displays, but do not have the names for all of them. If you could tell me if he was in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, etc., I will check and see. Also, I believe that they rotate displays and it may have not been up at the time that I took the photos.

As 18 series we are awarded and wear the CIB for combat, but only 11 Series wear the Infantry cord. Just one of those museum oversights I guess. Jarion is a Michigander in 10th SFG(A) who received the DSC for actions during OIF V in 2007/2008. I believe it was OIF V, they all run together after so many rotations. I know there is a display on him in one of the Michigan Museums. Thanks btw, I will make my way over to this one day now that I am out to pasture.