Michigan's Military and Space Heroes Museum

uniformcollector

uniformcollector

Located in Frankenmuth, Michigan is what I believe to be one of the best if not the best military museum in the country. It has over 400 exhibits representing WWI to the War on Terror and all branches of the military (all of Michigan natives). It features the uniforms, medals and other artifacts of Michigan's governors, Medal of Honor recipients, astronauts, Distinguished Service Cross recipients, Navy and Air Force Cross recipients, Polar Bears and many others. It's collection of Medals of Honor is greater then any other in the country (featuring Civil War to Vietnam medals). It is an amazing museum and it is a must-see. I have seen some photos of parts of the museum on the forum, but would like to start a more complete thread. If anyone has any information or photos to add, please feel free to add them and if there are any questions, I will do my best to answer them. I have 200+ photos of this incredible museum and will be posting as many as I can.

post-104949-0-82293800-1405190052.jpg

uniformcollector

Governor Miliken is the only surviving governor on display. He served in the Air Corps in WWII as a waist gunner and survived two crash landings.

post-104949-0-39624900-1405190861.jpg