Jacket, Field, Olive Drab ( aka "Parsons Jacket)

Sabrejet

49 minutes ago, 'Flage Guy said:

Here is a tag from a "common M41"...

Jacket, Field, O.D., USMC #3B USMF.JPG

Spec. 20A jackets in this type of condition are not common, pal, and especially a long fitting and those marked USMC, as yours is.  Delicious!

I remember you educating me on Cooper some years ago; very interesting details concerning the spec tags. 
This is why I have started "following" many of the discussions here- easy and fast reference!

On 1/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, PQD said:

Spec. 20A jackets in this type of condition are not common, pal, and especially a long fitting and those marked USMC, as yours is.  Delicious!

Thank you sir! Man, you've got some kinda memory; that Weinshel & Bros. Jacket is the only minto and USMC-stamped #20A F.J. in the house- Paid all of $70.00 for the Weinshel from a French-American collector who intended to concentrate his energies on restoring his M29 Weasel. He didn't even know that stamp was there. I asked him if he wanted a "bonus"  for that  little bonus he unknowingly sold me, but he refused and was content with that 70 bucks (this was in 1990, but still....!). Always a great guy to do business with.

Here is the entire fleet, with the #20 at the top. It is the smallest size of the lot, and most of 'em still have the spec tags. 

Jacket, Field, O.D. fleet #1 USMFS.JPG

Jacket, Field, O.D., USMC #5 USMFS.jpeg

Yes, I have been accused of having a pachyderm's memory, which can really undermine and annoy all sorts of players.

That is a sight to behold, pal, but I expect nothing but the likes of such gems from you!!!  And it clearly shows some of the stark differences in O. D. #2 among dye lots.

Your USMC 20A is just DEATH!!!  I have seen but one other in my life with that USMC stamp, which also had a felt 2nd Mar. Div SSI; this was sold by our dear friend, the late Mike Beaver, at the great Western Show to Brooks Bush in 1991.  I foolishly did not buy it because I was still very much in the early days of building my collection of Luftwaffe survival gear and combat flying clothing.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:16 PM, 'Flage Guy said:

Thank you sir! Man, you've got some kinda memory; that Weinshel & Bros. Jacket is the only minto and USMC-stamped #20A F.J. in the house- Paid all of $70.00 for the Weinshel from a French-American collector who intended to concentrate his energies on restoring his M29 Weasel. He didn't even know that stamp was there. I asked him if he wanted a "bonus"  for that  little bonus he unknowingly sold me, but he refused and was content with that 70 bucks (this was in 1990, but still....!). Always a great guy to do business with.

Here is the entire fleet, with the #20 at the top. It is the smallest size of the lot, and most of 'em still have the spec tags. 

Jacket, Field, O.D. fleet #1 USMFS.JPG

Jacket, Field, O.D., USMC #5 USMFS.jpeg

P. S. I must get some good photos of that USMC 20A for my multi-volume publication on the 6 primary combat suits/jackets of the U. S. Army in WWII.  no hurry, but we should discuss this sooner than later, Jim.