vietnam reenactment

Justin

Cobrahistorian

Lookin forward to the July event. I think I've convinced the wife to let me go!

You VC may have a downed Snake Driver to look for. This should be interesting.

Jon

Oh, humid doesn't begin to describe it. 103 degrees and 80% humidity. It was pretty darn hot and sticky. (Poor dog would move from one shaded spot to the next.... *lol*)

yea Mississippi was about 100% humidity, man ive been to Panama and Mississippi wins hands down and hotter and more ball sweatier than the equater!!!! man I was wringing out my tiger boonie!! I must have lost like 12 pounds in 3 days just from water loss!!!!

The rain storm we got was intense, we don't get rain like that here in Cali, but to hear our weather men talk about the rain you would think it was the end of days, man "sprinkle watch 2009" don't go outside you might get slightly damp!!!!

I see why everyone else thinks cal is full of pussies!!! LOL

P

Lookin forward to the July event. I think I've convinced the wife to let me go!

You VC may have a downed Snake Driver to look for. This should be interesting.

A little birdie told me you'd come out and surrender if there was good cooking involved? :lol:

We brought our dog to the last one, she got to be "village dog". Made a very good early warning system against sneaky LRRP units, too. Poor guys were fighting their way through the brambles trying to be all stealthy. We were kinda watching their progress by which way the dog's head pointed.

Cobrahistorian
A little birdie told me you'd come out and surrender if there was good cooking involved? :lol:

We brought our dog to the last one, she got to be "village dog". Made a very good early warning system against sneaky LRRP units, too. Poor guys were fighting their way through the brambles trying to be all stealthy. We were kinda watching their progress by which way the dog's head pointed.

Surrender? Never!

Although, good cooking does sound tempting. Nuoc Mam and eggrolls? :D I can always be tempted by Vietnamese food...

Although, good cooking does sound tempting. Nuoc Mam and eggrolls? biggrin.gif I can always be tempted by Vietnamese food...

I can manage Pho' (nuoc mam optional) in the field. Of course, as things are looking now, we will be moving right around that time, so we may not be seeing you after all. Depends on how quickly we get done with the move and all that good stuff. We will have about 20 days of leave plus the 10 days TDY to do our move, so who knows... last time around we moved in a weekend, including painting the new place, loading everything up, painting the old place back to white, and unpacking everything in the new place. We're just efficient like that.

Firebase Friday is in Mississippi. Is that the event you're thinking of? It's in mid-June again this year. See the site for the 25th ID on Moore Militaria for more info.

Firebase Friday is in Mississippi. Is that the event you're thinking of? It's in mid-June again this year. See the site for the 25th ID on Moore Militaria for more info.

That place is awsome!!!! Man was it stinking HOT!!!! Nathan's a great guy and does a great job out there!!

here's a photo of our Team at the last event there!!! Man, it rained sat night and it was like a Monsoon!!! crazy weather out there!!!

paul

post-2472-1235149268.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Firebase Friday is July 16-19 this year.

Should be a good event. We're currently finishing up an M113 to bring out along with a few other vehicles.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I'd be curious what any of the Viet Nam era vets on this forum think about "reenacting" Viet Nam.

I think that's been covered quite extensively already. I, for one, would rather not resurrect that.