vietnam reenactment

Justin

Thanks, sounds good, but I don't want to reenact ww2 at all :lol:

You don't have to reenact it, just talk to the guys that do and they might either be interested in starting a VN group or tell you who has.

Vietnam reenacting looks real interesting

I would love to experience going on patrol with full gear in a jungle environment, fording streams, rivers, etc

firing blanks to simulate live fire fights

:lol:

I would love to experience going on patrol with full gear in a jungle environment, fording streams, rivers, etc

yeah thats why I like it over ww2

Plus with Vietnam you don't have to spend hundreds of dolors to buy repro gear to use :lol:

Croix de Guerre

You could always join the army,,

no thanks

it's much safer and enjoyable to do reenacting than the real thing

Yea plus, its not 1968 :lol:

Justin thumbsup.gif

imherms300ipms

Its quite interesting really especially during the time when we combined reenactment and wargaming using airsoft guns. Our group, squad size, geared up as GIs while the other group as VCs. Both groups started on opposite ends of the jungle (about 3-4 acres in size). At first it was fun and ok but after a few minutes, I started to feel the weight of my load. I couldn't look far ahead for a prolonged period of time coz I was looking most of the time at where I was stepping. The VC group got the upper hand when they ambushed us. The first volley of fire instantly "killed" 4 of our troops and the rest of us just lay flat on the ground, couldn't move. We didn't actually see any VCs during the firefight. All I remember was plastic pellets were zooming towards us from everywhere. When the VC group retreated and everything became quiet, that's the only time we were able to get up.

Hermie

surplus sammy
Its quite interesting really especially during the time when we combined reenactment and wargaming using airsoft guns. Our group, squad size, geared up as GIs while the other group as VCs. Both groups started on opposite ends of the jungle (about 3-4 acres in size). At first it was fun and ok but after a few minutes, I started to feel the weight of my load. I couldn't look far ahead for a prolonged period of time coz I was looking most of the time at where I was stepping. The VC group got the upper hand when they ambushed us. The first volley of fire instantly "killed" 4 of our troops and the rest of us just lay flat on the ground, couldn't move. We didn't actually see any VCs during the firefight. All I remember was plastic pellets were zooming towards us from everywhere. When the VC group retreated and everything became quiet, that's the only time we were able to get up.

Hermie

That sounds very realistic !

Didnt see anything and the VC left the scene..........well done all

For anyone who is interested in Vietnam Airsoft, I suggest checking this site out:

http://www.vietnamairsoft.com

I know there are people in the NY area who do it.

THANKS!!!!!!! for that website! I love the show off section

I mean cmon!! 80 pages!!! of SF/LRRP/SEAL Impressions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

• 6 months later...
Delta1stmarineDiv.
I have a friend who reenacts 1/5 Marines (1967-1969) that lives in PA, I'll try to get you an answer within a few days. I know he's gone to an event that had guys from the NY area.

-Tim

Hello

I see that you posted a message for a guy who is looking for a marine unit.

You stated that you have a friend who does 1/5 marines Vietnam in Pa.

could I have his e-mail. I would like to join his unit.

Thank you

Justin - I feel your pain. We're in Virginia, and out of the four Vietnam events we try to go to in a year, two are in the middle of nowhere in Virginia, and two are in Pennsylvania. The PA events are a 5 to 6 hour drive for us, but they are worth it. We've always had a good time at the PA site.

The online home for the Nam events at the Newville, PA site is

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nam68/

There's also http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VietNam-Reenactors - That group is nationwide, but they're pretty good about posting event announcements to it, so you might find something within a reasonable drive for a weekend event.

Here are some pics from the PA site. :)

Nam68001-vi.jpg

Ignore the tall white VC. :lol:

Nam68037-vi.jpg

wow looks pretty awsome!!!

gotta get to the East Coast, theres not much here in Cali, there is one great event way up in Oregon in July which I hope to attend, not not too much more here.

PA looks nice and Humid that time of year.

I went to an event a few years ago in Mississippi in August, GD it was hot and humid!!!!

P

PA looks nice and Humid that time of year.

Oh, humid doesn't begin to describe it. 103 degrees and 80% humidity. It was pretty darn hot and sticky. (Poor dog would move from one shaded spot to the next.... *lol*)