vietnam reenactment

Justin

hey I would like to do some vietnam reenactment this summer but I can find a group

Anyone know of a good group in hudson valley NY?

thanks

Maybe expand your search?

Just an idea.

Erwin

I have looked I ask at flea markets hunting stores iv google'd there is a group that does ww2, but I dont want to do ww2

you could start your own Vietnam reenacting

LRRP TEAM reenactors

Good.....................................................Appart from the DIGITAL WATCH! thumbdown.gif

For a great reenactment group (best in the U.K. for personal kit / vehicles) and yes I am a member.

http://www.rolling-thunder.org.uk/

YankeeDiv26
This is for rennactments in the UK..

I'm in USA

I have a friend who reenacts 1/5 Marines (1967-1969) that lives in PA, I'll try to get you an answer within a few days. I know he's gone to an event that had guys from the NY area.

-Tim

Go to At The Front's website at www.atthefront.com

Click on the WWII Links tab, then Reenacting Organizations and Units.

There are literally hundreds of links to rump sorts of units worldwide. If you look at the brief description and find one in your region, go to that website and see if they also offer Vietnam reenacating, or shoot them an e-mail and ask. A lot of reenactors are into portraying more than just one era.

Steve

I have a friend who reenacts 1/5 Marines (1967-1969) that lives in PA, I'll try to get you an answer within a few days. I know he's gone to an event that had guys from the NY area.

-Tim

Thank you! twothumbup.gif

Justin

you could reenact a young Marine like this guy thumbsup.gif

Hehe, thanks.. I was thinking more Charlie Sheen (Chris Taylor) in Platoon.

thumbsup.gif

Hehe, thanks.. I was thinking more Charlie Sheen (Chris Taylor) in Platoon.

thumbsup.gif

''This here aint Taylor, Taylor's been shot, this here is Chris, he's been resurrected.''

platoon03.jpg

Sorry, I couldnt resist. w00t.gif

''This here aint Taylor, Taylor's been shot, this here is Chris, he's been resurrected.''

platoon03.jpg

Sorry, I couldnt resist. w00t.gif

I was going to do that too! LOL i couldent find a good picture :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
http://drewsarmygear.com/how_it_all_began

heres an interesting story about a militaria collector / reenactor ;)

Thanks BOLO!! twothumbup.gif

Ahhh playing Army I sure do miss the 5th grade 3 kids running around my neighborhood is Camo shirt pistol belt and canteen, plasic helmet liner and a toy gun we got at the dollor store! fun stuff! I sure do miss it crying.gif

Again thanks!

Cool story

vintageproductions

You should go to Moores Militaria's website. They have a listing of Vietnam re-enactment units worldwide .

You should go to Moores Militaria's website. They have a listing of Vietnam re-enactment units worldwide .

Thanks alot!

• 2 weeks later...
hey I would like to do some vietnam reenactment this summer but I can find a group

Anyone know of a good group in hudson valley NY?

thanks

Find a WW2 group or event, and start talking to some of the guys. You'll find many reenactors do multiple time periods. I myself started with 101st Airborne WW2, built a USGI 'Nam impression (sans M-16), and am working on a VC impression so I can use my WW2 weapons.

Find a WW2 group or event, and start talking to some of the guys. You'll find many reenactors do multiple time periods. I myself started with 101st Airborne WW2, built a USGI 'Nam impression (sans M-16), and am working on a VC impression so I can use my WW2 weapons.

Thanks, sounds good, but I don't want to reenact ww2 at all :lol: