Raised Rifle on EIB

Got da Penny

Got da Penny

Was wondering if this was a "Variation" of the CIB. or if it is a typical GEMSCO version.

I have never seen one in 30 yrs collecting, I am guessing WW2 era?

Thanks,Carey

post-633-0-44582500-1404868187.jpg

Carey, a complete explanation of this type of CIB can be found on pages 18-22 in my book "Combat Infantryman Badge 1943-1975". Mike

EIB...Expert Infantry Badge...not Combat Infantry Badge...One of the many variants mfg.

The CIB will have a wreath...the criteria for the awarding of a EIB and CIB are different.

BelligerentBlue

I saw two of these at a flea market this weekend. I'm not up on Army things so at first before doing some research, I thought it was a two piece CIB of which I read about.

I believe the 2 piece CIB is the EIB, and the wreath. So I guess a 2 piece with an applied rifle would be a 3 piece :o

I saw two of these at a flea market this weekend. I'm not up on Army things so at first before doing some research, I thought it was a two piece CIB of which I read about.

The two piece CIB has a wreath that can be attached to the Rifle segment and normally is held in place by the pins and clutches. You will see CIB's and EIB's cast as one piece or with applied Rifles.

Carey, a complete explanation of this type of CIB can be found on pages 18-22 in my book "Combat Infantryman Badge 1943-1975". Mike

Sorry, meant to write EIB instead of CIB. Either way the manufacture of the separately applied rifle on these badges was done at the same time with specific government specifications. Actual government documents are shown and explained in my book.

Got da Penny

See, I meant to write EIB ... but, my brain did the auto correct and i posted it as CIB ... Too much knowledge up stairs. !!

Happens to the author .. :)

Thank You for everyone's response, it's appreciated.

Carey

Jumpin Jack

When I was awarded the EIB in 1961, it was the standard one-piece stamping in silver. I purchased the two piece version at the PX shortly thereafter because it had a better appearance. Jack Angolia

BelligerentBlue

The two I saw was a one piece wreath and shield. The rifle was the only piece that appeared as a separate piece. I, not knowing, thought that was what was considered a 2 piece until I looked it up.

Sorry for any confusion from my reply!