What WWII gear/uniforms would you like to see reproduced?

SocietyBrandHatCo

So by "correct" caps I'm assuming we're talking about the same things: wicker cane frames, 100% cotton covers, and 100% wool mohair bands instead of elastic. Right?

Yes, that's correct. Johnson's also had the option for a bullion hat device as well. They were pretty ugly...I still have the one I took off the hat sitting in my garage, but it was nice to have the option (and people did buy them).

So by "correct" caps I'm assuming we're talking about the same things: wicker cane frames, 100% cotton covers, and 100% wool mohair bands instead of elastic. Right?

and I would modify Otto a CPO hat

Beats me how difficult it'd be to convert an officer's hat to an NCO one, but if a version could be made where the buyer had the officer/NCO option and it wouldn't make much a difference in construction of the hat itself, that'd give an even larger customer base, obviously.

Beats me how difficult it'd be to convert an officer's hat to an NCO one, but if a version could be made where the buyer had the officer/NCO option and it wouldn't make much a difference in construction of the hat itself, that'd give an even larger customer base, obviously.

Mohair band without the device holder and a black chinstrap...that would do it.

Basically the same style hat, just different band and chinstrap, as can be seen below...

Oh, and then the eight button service dress blue CPO jacket.... :)

choeifalhcasc.jpg

Here are some photos of the Johnson's hat. They had these made in the Philippines (so they told me when I asked). I replaced the bullion device on this one. You can see the wicker band in one of the photos, as well as an old-style size tag.

JohnsonHat1.jpg

JohnsonHat2.jpg

JohnsonHat3.jpg

Basically the same style hat, just different band and chinstrap, as can be seen below...

Oh, and then the eight button service dress blue CPO jacket.... :)

. Dave, don't forget the "Snarley Old Guy" look. I got that, don't need a reproduction of that ;)

I remember seeing Eastman made those orange and blue ball caps sometimes worn by fighter pilots, but, from what I recall, they cost about as much as a small heart surgery. Seeing those offered in other places would be great though.

SocietyBrandHatCo

I remember seeing Eastman made those orange and blue ball caps sometimes worn by fighter pilots, but, from what I recall, they cost about as much as a small heart surgery. Seeing those offered in other places would be great though.

We're making the blue caps. I believe Eastman sells his for $100. Ours will be 100% wool, made in the USA, and will retail for $55.

SocietyBrandHatCo

Here are some photos of the Johnson's hat. They had these made in the Philippines (so they told me when I asked). I replaced the bullion device on this one. You can see the wicker band in one of the photos, as well as an old-style size tag.

Dave, great looking cap. I can clearly see the quality just from these pictures. Is the white cover cotton twill? From the pics it looks like it may be a poly blend.

SocietyBrandHatCo

I love some of the sub photos from WWII with the CPO's wearing dungarees and a khaki CPO cap. Most of the time it looks like they removed the wire stiffener from their caps (probably because their caps were getting snagged on stuff within the confines of a sub).

The only problem I see with reproducing a CPO cap is the cap badge. I don't know of a readily available supply of WWII style CPO cap badges.