ww2 V Amphibious Corps officers uniform

jeeplover

I was wanting to get some information as to what ribbon bars/medals would be right for this uniform. any info on the individual would be nice to thank you . the name is R.W. BRANDON would add more pictures but it seems I have reached my limit.

post-153591-0-80649600-1404784397.jpg

post-153591-0-75377500-1404784418.jpg

Stinger Gunner USMC

Robert M Brandon. Not a W. Was a capt. With 6th and 15th defense battalions through late 44 with VAC then was stateside when VAC hit Iwo. He joined 12th marines prior to April 45.

wow cool so this is a older uniform of his. if I could take more pictures I would this is a beautiful uniform. so what ribbon bars would be right for this uniform? thank you so much for the information on him.

Stinger Gunner USMC

Unless you request his records from the NARA you

are just guessing and not restoring. But he would have undoubtedly had the american campaign Asia pacific and the wwii victory. Its.possible there are more but to properly restore would require writing the archives with an SF 180

Nice uniform!

thank you. I was under the impression that only family could obtain records. am I wrong?

not sure I could get his records there are lots of things they ask for I do not know. I looked at the form SF 180. would like to restore proper but will probably settle for the basic medals. thank you guys. when I can post more pictures I will put more of this uniform up.

thought I had pictures of the front and inside I will get them tomorrow. plus I have the pants.

post-153591-0-93298300-1404808975.jpg

Should be no problem getting the records, only if its less than 63 years after they left the service that you can only get partial records.

Have Lori at Redbird Research or Geoff at Golden Arrow pull the records...

Good Luck!

LF

who are lori and Geoff ? are they on here or is there a site to contact them?

Should be no problem getting the records, only if its less than 63 years after they left the service that you can only get partial records.

Have Lori at Redbird Research or Geoff at Golden Arrow pull the records...

Good Luck!

LF

American Heritage

very nice. hard to find patched ww2 USMC officer's uniforms it seems. Just google Geoff Golden Arrow Research. He is awesome and he can email pdf file of the NPRC records to you. I did it myself for a long time before frustration with NPRC forced me into having Geoff do it for me for zero hassle.

I have some ww2 USMC Capt'n bars for your uniform if you want to restore it.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

ok so according to the records he would have a 3 ribbon bar with 1 combat star. a set of ww2 USMC Capt'n bars. these would be square with no taper? the ribbon bar should be the thick one? please let me know is this correct. would other awards be listed qualification badges\PUC/? thanks for any help you guys can give

I would say no on the PUC due to the 6th Defense Battalion never being awarded one. I am not sure about marksmanship badges. I don't see anything in his file saying he was awarded it.

It would sometimes, I looked up the 6th and 15th Defense Battalion and they weren't awarded any unit awards.

ok looking at his records on jun 1943 awarded the navy E for excellence in gunnery. is that a award that you get a ribbon for?

ok looking at his records on jun 1943 awarded the navy E for excellence in gunnery. is that a award that you get a ribbon for?

I am not sure. I don't really know much about marksmanship ribbons or badges.

olivedrab1970

You really need a copy of his DD-214 to know which medals and awards this Marine was awarded, that is the way it works. The Marines do not give awards so easily but proficiency in marksmanship is a primary corps value.

R.D.

Semper Fidelis-

i got all i could these are the records they released. is there another way to get his DD-214? i am sure his family could get it. i do not know them.