USER SUSPENSION: captscottduke

ADMIN

**This post is informative only. User responses have been disabled.**

Members of the USMF community:

Today the administration was forced to suspend the account of community member "captscottduke."

captscottduke signed up with seemingly legitimate information and once his account was approved for membership, this user started going hand-by-hand through the member list and sending out a scam private message. The message, which is included below, is one of the typical internet scams where individuals request recipients send money to help them out. NEVER send money to any persons sending emails or private messages similar to "captscottduke"'s message.

This member's account was deleted soon as it was reported to the administration. Please be aware that the sender being listed as "Deleted Member" in your PM box is this person. When the message was originally sent by the scam artist, it said it was from "captscottsduke." However because his account was deleted it only appears as "Deleted Member".

Banning is not something the administration here likes to do. However, sometimes a user makes it such that there is no other alternative. Spamming will not be tolerated among this community. Any member coming across similar postings, private messages, and/or emails is encouraged to report those posts to the USMF administration.

Thanks.

ADMIN

THE FOLLOWING IS THE CONTENT OF "CAPTSCOTTDUKE"'S SCAM EMAIL / PRIVATE MESSAGE. IF YOU RECEIVE A MESSAGE SIMILAR TO THIS ONE, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AND DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY.

Hello Friend,

I apologize if I did wrong by contacting you. I am Captain Scott Duke, a US MARINE OFFICER in Haifa Iraq. On 8Th

May 2008.

I and my Troops were alerted on the need of some Reconstruction works in Haifa Street, a long thoroughfare of high-rise buildings built and Occupied by Saddam Hussein when he was alive here in Baghdad. Immediately we proceeded to the site and as we commence work to our utmost surprise, we discovered an underground bunker in one of the Buildings. Upon investigation of the bunker to my surprise, we discovered one box safely hidden and sealed, I told my men to open the box in order to find out the contents of the box, and when they opened the Box, to My Amazement the box contained $13.2Million us dollars.

I have kept the Consignment box secured with a Senior United Nation Diplomat in Ivory Coast to keep for me as i am on my duty in Hafiz Iraq. I did not disclose the contents of the Box to the United Nation Diplomat in Ivory Coast. I told the United Nation Diplomat that the Consignment metallic Box Contents Family Treasure Items for safe keeping for me in Ivory Coast as i am on my duty post in Iraq.

I Need a Reliable and Trustworthy person Like you to receive the consignment for me and invest the money for me in your country as I am on my duty in Iraq peacefully and legitimate once you reply with your postal address, telephone E-mail, full name and where the diplomat will deliver the consignment to you door to door step by the united nation senior diplomat from Ivory Coast.

You will invest this money in a good investment in your country for the benefit of both of us. I will give you 50% of the total sum for your assistance in helping me receive the consignment and invest the money, to enable the United Nation Diplomat in IVORY COAST to Deliver the Consignment to your door step.

Please do not disclose this transfer to anybody as to protect this money between us. In the attached file below are my Driver License, US Marine Identity Card, and the trunk consignment box picture of the money and my picture, for you to know me more. Haifa Iraq is a hot Zone 24hrs zone as you can see n television and news.

I am happy that the consignment is secured in IVORY COAST by United Nation Diplomat sealed and lock with the code which I will give you to open the consignment box when the diplomat deliver the consignment box to your home or office. Please remember that Senior Diplomat does not know the real contents of the box. Contact me to enable me to give you the contact email and telephone number of the diplomat in IVORY COAST for you to contact him to deliver the consignment to you peacefully and legitimate in your home or you can come to IVORY COAST to collect the consignment.

After the receiving of the consignment from the diplomat you will lug them into your account and take 50% of the total sum and 5% for any expenses of the delivery fee. After my duty in Iraq i will fly back to use for you to send me mine own 50%.I will send you the contact of the diplomat.

Please this very secret as to protect my duty here in Iraq and this money please.N.B ANY REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE WILL BE PRIVATE TO MY E-MAIL [email protected]

Warm Regards,

Captain Scott Duke