Huge, Stinkin' ACH

Mitter2k1

Here's something I couldn't resist having. I'm not a helmet or modern collector, but the ACH kind of intrigues me so I picked one up. It's pretty dirty and is currently smelling up my car on the way to Chicago. It's an XL MSA with a named ACU cover. I'm going to swap the pads, chinstrap and cover and go with multicam because I think it looks cool. But here's some quick pics I took while the wife drives.

Enjoy,

Mike

post-104697-14045744611537.jpg

post-104697-14045744724636.jpg

sgtdorango

Nice! You might want to leave it as is and sell it to a modern helmet collector, they like them that way, untouched and stinky etc...then you can pick up a cheap ach shell and build one to your liking with multicam cover ans new pads and chinstrap...just a thought!....mike

Nice! You might want to leave it as is and sell it to a modern helmet collector, they like them that way, untouched and stinky etc...then you can pick up a cheap ach shell and build one to your liking with multicam cover ans new pads and chinstrap...just a thought!....mike

I agree

Not hard to find a unused set.They seem to show up even here more than they use to.

I've slowed down a little with the WWI collecting and decided to try something a little different to mix it up. I was thinking it over and decided to get something more modern and stay within a particular area while doing it. So after thinking it over, I settled on newer helmets and here is the first. This is a huge XL Advanced Combat Helmet. It is manufactured by MSA and has the Army ACU cover with IR tape attached. It came with a last name written on it and the pads and was quite filthy when I got it. So the chinstrap assembly was removed and cleaned and the suspension pads replaced with new ones. Don't worry though, I kept the originals as they were named as well and were pretty nasty. The cover has some nice wear and tear to it to show its been used. These helmets are pretty cool, so I am looking for a updated PASGT and working my way backwards in the time line of helmets. So without any further rambling, here's some pics.

Mike

post-104697-14046885075126.jpg

post-104697-14046885216153.jpg

post-104697-14046885372363.jpg

post-104697-14046885506309.jpg

Nice helmet. I'm glad you decided to keep it together as is. It shows typical missing parts (Rhino mount, cateyeband) but is excellent in that the guy wrote his name in it. Have you lifted up the back flap to see if there is anything underneath?

Thanks for merging these, I've been getting a bunch of weird errors lately.

Thanks for the comments. There isn't anything written on the inside of the flap on the rear. And as for missing part, I was surprised it still had the goggle straps on the back. I may throw a cat eye band on it, but may leave it as is. There are 2 names written on it. "Toppel" is written in marker and "Tarter" written in ballpoint pen. He appears to of also wrote his blood type on the front. But here's some pics of the names on the cover.

post-104697-14047003579625.jpg

post-104697-14047004340428.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for merging these, I've been getting a bunch of weird errors lately.

Thanks for the comments. There isn't anything written on the inside of the flap on the rear. And as for missing part, I was surprised it still had the goggle straps on the back. I may throw a cat eye band on it, but may leave it as is. There are 2 names written on it. "Toppel" is written in marker and "Tarter" written in ballpoint pen. He appears to of also wrote his blood type on the front. But here's some pics of the names on the cover.

attachicon.gif20140706_212536.jpg

attachicon.gif20140706_212646.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

Not at all surprising to get a re-issued cover. On mine I got a reissue. He wrote his name on the back flap "Howe".

Nice looking helmet. I did a quick check on ebay, and baseplates complete with hardware are about $15. With a little searching you could probably find one cheaper. Great score.