Aerial Gunner by Amico! – Really?

robert60446

robert60446

Hi guys,

Here is the cool addition to my collection, it looks like folks from Amico produced too many Observer badges and they have found easy way to convert them to Aerial Gunner by applying “winged bullet” to it!

post-2829-1213307011.jpg

Got da Penny

What a COOL Wing.

Did you know it was like this when you bought it?

or did the seller even realize it??

CS

Amico WWII vintage are commonly found to be made using a base Combat Observer wing with the appropriate qualification center device applied. Exceptions are Pilots. All others, AG, Nav, Bomb, AC, FE can be found manufactured and sold this way. Don't know if I ever saw a TO made this way by Amico. My experience.

Bobgee

robert60446

Hi guys,

I have few other wings made by other makers and when they were following the same idea i think they did better job on masking it... thumbsup.gif

John Cooper

Hey Robert another nice wing - don't burn yourself out know ;) I will have to post the two Bell AGs I have one with the integrated "winged bullet" and one with the applied.

In general I think many makers did things this way as an SOP of sorts. When the "adams" design was first made it was suggested that there should be base wing with various devices attached for those who qualified other than pilots.

John

robert60446
Hey Robert another nice wing - don't burn yourself out know ;) I will have to post the two Bell AGs I have one with the integrated "winged bullet" and one with the applied.

John, is this the Bell variant with integrated bullet you are thinking about?

post-2829-1213317637.jpg

John Cooper

Robert - if you look at it from the reverse you will see it is part of the die otherwise it was attached.

John

robert60446
Robert - if you look at it from the reverse you will see it is part of the die otherwise it was attached.

John

John, this one is part of the die, i just wsn't sure if it is Bell... ;)

John Cooper

DOH - I misunderstood your question sorry blushing.gif

Yes this is the classic Bell pattern. I love it when the wing detailing is crisp althouh I have seen others that are not as detailed but still 100% Bell.

John