Eagle Maritime CIRAS with pouches

anelles

Found this at my local surplus store today. A heavily used Eagle MAR-CIRAS vest with a mix of Blackhawk and 5.11 Tactical pouches. The hydration pouch is Paraclete. The front kevlar panel is missing, but the rear panel was still inside of it. Lots of wear on this, very salty. Name tag sewn to the back as well.

One of the shoulder pads is missing, if anyone has a spare that they would part with, message me.

The store said they bought it with the plates but had already sold them separately, they had no other info on it's background sadly. Any idea who would have worn the vest with a setup like this?

0630mil_002.jpg

0630mil_003.jpg

0630mil_004.jpg

0630mil_005.jpg

0630mil_006.jpg

0630mil_007.jpg

0630mil_008.jpg

I think this may be some type of mid to late 2000's MARSOC plate carrier considering there is a mix of CB and Khaki pouches on there.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6702/45681202.1/0_719d7_8fd01a82_L.jpeg

Here's a photo of a MARSOC operator somewhere in the Middle East wearing the same type of vest with a mix of Coyote and Khaki pouches. I'll see if i can find a better quality pic of MARSOC guys using the Maritime Ciras, but for now this is what i have. Nice vest by the way!

I think this may be some type of mid to late 2000's MARSOC plate carrier considering there is a mix of CB and Khaki pouches on there.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6702/45681202.1/0_719d7_8fd01a82_L.jpeg

Here's a photo of a MARSOC operator somewhere in the Middle East wearing the same type of vest with a mix of Coyote and Khaki pouches. I'll see if i can find a better quality pic of MARSOC guys using the Maritime Ciras, but for now this is what i have. Nice vest by the way!

FWIW, those are the only guys I ever saw using this vest system when my unit worked with them. I noticed the superior range of motion and how the fit was not too constrictive and hot...then I tried one on and fell in love.

That being said, this is my personal all-time favorite system for form and function. I wore one for as long as I could get away with it for my regular job (federal LE). Eventually the powers that be had us switch back to cookie-cutter, identical, issue vest systems.

FWIW, those are the only guys I ever saw using this vest system when my unit worked with them. I noticed the superior range of motion and how the fit was not too constrictive and hot...then I tried one on and fell in love.

That being said, this is my personal all-time favorite system for form and function. I wore one for as long as I could get away with it for my regular job (federal LE). Eventually the powers that be had us switch back to cookie-cutter, identical, issue vest systems.

How come you worked with Marsoc operators?

But I agree, Ciras Land and Maritime are both spectacular vests. I had a replica one I used for airsoft and I never felt so comfortable while still being able to carry mounds of gear with all the space on the vest. Now I just need to find an FSBE Land Ciras..,