"Tankfest 2014"... photo report (pic heavy!)

Sabrejet

British 17 pounder armed Sherman Firefly....the only allied tank with the punch to take on the German Tigers and Panthers in Normandy. The US Army declined to deploy them, preferring instead to rely upon the separate Tank Destroyer concept.

SAM_4113.jpg?psid=1

Superb pics...thanks for posting that link. I have similar ones of the allied / German AFVs, but I've no need to worry about posting them now! ;)

Ian, once again you have brought a little bit of Tank Fest to my computer screen!!!

Had no idea that there was an operational M103 around. Big heavy beast to be sure!

Thanks again for the tank fix! I needed it!!

Best,

Ward

Ian, once again you have brought a little bit of Tank Fest to my computer screen!!!

Had no idea that there was an operational M103 around. Big heavy beast to be sure!

Thanks again for the tank fix! I needed it!!

Best,

Ward

Glad to have been of assistance Ward! ;)

earlymb - thanks a bunch for posting that link. Your photos are marvelous!

You're welcome, but I didn't make those pics. I just came across that gallery & posted it here. ^_^

Be sure to check out his other photosets too, some amazing pics there too! :love:

You're welcome, but I didn't make those pics. I just came across that gallery & posted it here. ^_^

Be sure to check out his other photosets too, some amazing pics there too! :love:

Obviously a "pro"...or else a very talented amateur with top class camera equipment!

cool pics...havent been since 2007

nice to see the Aips back out in force with there vietnam m113's great display

I have similar ones of the allied / German AFVs, but I've no need to worry about posting them now! ;)

By all means do post them if you can! B)

OK. Here's a tease-taster because it will soon be seen in Owen / Kammo-man's movie..."Fury!" ;)

post-8022-0-30358500-1404468127.jpg

post-8022-0-50042300-1404468130.jpg

When the Tiger was re-furbed, they opted to leave the battle damage to the air-filters as it was.

post-8022-0-39311200-1404468338.jpg