M3 Flak Helmet

byf41

What do you guys think about the bar tacking on this helmet . On the outer tacks closest to the helmet its a darker/sloppier stitch but doesnt appear to have been messed with IMO . I have another one of these M3's that has less contrast to the colors and not as sloppy stitch . OK ? Also is there ever any identifying stamps or markings to be found on these ? Thanks guys .

post-12445-0-34028200-1403995305.jpg

doinworkinvans

Someone will come along soon and have an answer! Sabrejet will prb stop by in the morning and offer some insight. I personally think it looks fine. Never seen too many markings on these flak helmets.

Daniel

American Graffiti

Looks fine to me, bear in mind the retaining stitch was done at a different time to the stitch holding j-hook whatever, hence could easily be different shade of thread, also doesn't look too sloppy, still machine made

AG

Did someone mention my name?! ;) I just checked mine out. No visible markings due to the layer of flocking. The box stitching is a tad darker than the OD #3 straps. These are the best pics I have available at the moment.

post-8022-0-97084200-1404247503.jpg

post-8022-0-87493600-1404247505.jpg

post-8022-0-46205800-1404247507.jpg