A3 parachute chest pack

usaaf93

Hello

After a year of research, I finally found a A3 chest pack to go with my harness.

It is dated 1944

Here it is

sdc10010.jpg

sdc10011.jpg

sdc10012.jpg

sdc10013.jpg

WWII Parachutist

Beautiful pack tray!
Does the data panel say "Irving British Quick Release Harness"? I've never seen that before!

I'm thinking with many of us getting nearer to completing our pilot or aircrew that we should set s time frame for when we unveil them in all thier ETO glory :)

Beautiful pack tray!

Does the data panel say "Irving British Quick Release Harness"? I've never seen that before!

Hi

Yes it says IRVING BRITISH QUICK RELEASE HARNESS

BY IRVING AIR CHUTE CO, LEXINGTON, KY

I'm thinking with many of us getting nearer to completing our pilot or aircrew that we should set s time frame for when we unveil them in all thier ETO glory :)

The problem is that when I complete a pilot or aircrew, I start a new one.

Actually I am setting three new mannequin .....

BlueBookGuy

The problem is that when I complete a pilot or aircrew, I start a new one.

Actually I am setting three new mannequin .....

:blush: :blush: The GOOD and the BAD of our ..."duty", my collection at its peak numbered 10 mannequinns (both vintage and modern, U.S. and not).

A sort of illness in those years, wich meant for me some huge quantities of overtime work (were so much different times than now) in order to devote exclusively that extra money to these things. Not to mention all the airbrushing paintings I privately did on modern helmets for collectors/dealers, that was a way of getting some hard-to-pay items and saving some moneys...

.. think I must be somehow insane back in the past, if willing to get through 100 + hours painting, almost all done by night.. but somehow I miss those years.

Good collecting anyway to all of you! :)

BlueBookGuy

was forgeting: regarding that "illness" (at least for me), there wasn't any way of healing in those years of greater seriousness - I had to wait it slightly did subside by itself.

Currently it does remain at more than acceptable levels - that is, much less (very much less) than at the time. But still I'm not regretting those days.

Greetings - Franco.