Need Help With Great Grandfather's WWI Purple Heart and Victory Medal

ChopperGunner92

ChopperGunner92

Hello

Here I have my great grandfather's named and numbered WWI purple heart and victory medal. Unfortunately, I never got to meet him, and my family does not really know much about him. I was just wondering you thoughts on the medals and how rare are these medals? Also, I would really like to know some information about him, for example what unit he served in and when he was injured. Also are all WWI purple hearts engraved with the soldiers name? His name was Harry Francis Hart from Pennsylvania. The number on the purple hart is 55863. I will really appreciate any help.

Thank You

post-72854-0-36826600-1403880272.jpg

post-72854-0-94450400-1403880648.jpg

Private Harry Francis Hart (DOB 4-3-1895 DOD 12-21-1962) served with Co. H, 319th Infantry, 80th Division. He enlisted February 10, 1918 and was discharged May 26, 1919. His service number was 1827188.

This information comes from his Headstone Application for Military Veterans on Ancestry.com.

If you write to the Pennsylvania Archives and request his records you will get his WW1 veteran file and a list of the medals and bars he was awarded. There is a $15.00 charge for PA residents and a $25.00 charge for non residents.

Dick