GEMSCO wings

robert60446

Another nice set of wings Robert - I always wondered who made that pattern (I suppose the blunted top feather should have given me a clue). You're picking up wings left and right - do they fall from the sky where you live? ;)

robert60446

Thanks Scott.

@wings going my way – it turnout that many dealers who I know from my dark days of collecting are in US staff business as well…what do you know… :lol:

John Cooper

Robert,

That is a nice minty set and a very good strike. That specific pattern is often found with a few flaws in some of the details. As for being made by GEMSCO of that I am not 100% sold. I have always consider that pattern unknown and have not found any info to prove otherwise.

Does the wear on the inside of the box match the outline of the wing? Although not 100% proof but at least you can tell it was not recently added. Additionally I bounce this off a friend and he does not think it is GEMSCO either most likely for the same reasons I have stated.

Maybe some of the other collectors with lots of wing experience can chime in on this with their thoughts... I would list their names but am afraid if I leave anyone out I might offeend them ;)

Regards,

John

robert60446

Hi John,

All i can say is, that pressed pattern on the card was 100% match to wings...but i agree, it is not 100% proof linking these wings to Gemsco.

Robert,

That is a nice minty set and a very good strike. That specific pattern is often found with a few flaws in some of the details. As for being made by GEMSCO of that I am not 100% sold. I have always consider that pattern unknown and have not found any info to prove otherwise.

Does the wear on the inside of the box match the outline of the wing? Although not 100% proof but at least you can tell it was not recently added. Additionally I bounce this off a friend and he does not think it is GEMSCO either most likely for the same reasons I have stated.

Maybe some of the other collectors with lots of wing experience can chime in on this with their thoughts... I would list their names but am afraid if I leave anyone out I might offeend them ;)

Regards,

John