What is the earliest M1 Heat Stamps?!

Morlok

13th_Cavalry

I am not trying to hijack the thread, but would like to know where my Schlueter with heat stamp 01A puts it? Is that the first batch number for Schlueters in January 1943? Any help would be appreciated.

I am not trying to hijack the thread, but would like to know where my Schlueter with heat stamp 01A puts it? Is that the first batch number for Schlueters in January 1943? Any help would be appreciated.

you would need to post pictures, it may be a missing number as well.

• 4 weeks later...
13th_Cavalry

I actually was able to get it authenticated by the soldiers and sailors museum whom has a copy of the Schlueter batch numbers starting with 01A. It is pretty clearly stamped, but i will post a picture

13th_Cavalry

We have a family friend thats works as an assistant curator at the museum and was luckily able to borrow his time to have a few things authenticated or dismissed as reproduction. I am lucky that most was okay, but there was some i had been burned on in my younger collecting days and even some sporadic purchases in between. I hope my post helps with other helmet collectors though that have an 01A batch number.

13th_Cavalry

I also wanted to point out that it cannot be a missing number from a miss striking because with the fixed bails theres no batch number that ends in 01. Not that it matters now with that point.

• 3 months later...

I have a large collection of helmets especially World War 2 M1s. I have around 55 or so as of now. My earliest M1 helmets are 28E and 29B 3 ... I am always adding new items to my collection. I have a youtube channel called JonBoy09. I am always making new videos and sharing my collection as well as giving tips and advice. If you get a chance, check out my videos/channel. Thanks

I have a large collection of helmets especially World War 2 M1s. I have around 55 or so as of now. My earliest M1 helmets are 28E and 29B 3 ... I am always adding new items to my collection. I have a youtube channel called JonBoy09. I am always making new videos and sharing my collection as well as giving tips and advice. If you get a chance, check out my videos/channel. Thanks

Welcome to the forum, Jon! Would love to see those 1941 era helmets.

• 7 months later...

Welcome to the forum, Jon! Would love to see those 1941 era helmets.

Does anyone know what happened to member 13th_Cavalry? Was asking you, Grant, because your research skills are off the charts. I wanted to ask him a question about his 01A helmet. I might have an idea on this whole chart system of Schlueter helmets.

Does anyone know what happened to member 13th_Cavalry? Was asking you, Grant, because your research skills are off the charts. I wanted to ask him a question about his 01A helmet. I might have an idea on this whole chart system of Schlueter helmets.

First, thank you for the compliment. I wish I knew where he went as well. He mentioned he had access to Schlueter's complete heat stamp list, which would have greatly helped in the compiling of the chart.

First, thank you for the compliment. I wish I knew where he went as well. He mentioned he had access to Schlueter's complete heat stamp list, which would have greatly helped in the compiling of the chart.

Yes, it would have his helmet could help in finding out like you said what the full chart is. I remember when I was at SOS talking to a guy and he said that the list of Schlueter helmets and dating them with headstamps was only handed out to people associated with Schlueter at the time and that early headstamp numbers where experimental helmets and that the batch started over again once they were done with the experimental helmets. So that's just what he told me he seemed pretty knowledgeable on Helmets so I took his word for it. Also, this is just a question for me how do you know when someone replies to you on a post in a topic because for me I never get a notification. Is it something with the quote reply or?

Yes, it would have his helmet could help in finding out like you said what the full chart is. I remember when I was at SOS talking to a guy and he said that the list of Schlueter helmets and dating them with headstamps was only handed out to people associated with Schlueter at the time and that early headstamp numbers where experimental helmets and that the batch started over again once they were done with the experimental helmets. So that's just what he told me he seemed pretty knowledgeable on Helmets so I took his word for it. Also, this is just a question for me how do you know when someone replies to you on a post in a topic because for me I never get a notification. Is it something with the quote reply or?

Looks like 13th_Cavalry hasn't logged in here since August 11, 2018. To get notifications when a new reply is added, click on the "Follow this topic" box to the right of the thread title.

Looks like 13th_Cavalry hasn't logged in here since August 11, 2018. To get notifications when a new reply is added, click on the "Follow this topic" box to the right of the thread title.

Much obliged. If only we knew where he went the mystery could probably be solved.

• 2 years later...
On 8/5/2018 at 7:55 PM, JonBoy09 said:

Hello Jon,

I'm building my M1 collection.

I will check out your YouTube channel. And thanks for sharing your knowledge and advice.

-Will