What is the earliest M1 Heat Stamps?!

Morlok

Here you go. That space is not the proper format for a Schlueter lot number, meaning there is a faintly stamped number (0-9) within that gap. Actually, there are a few other flawed readings of lot numbers within this topic. :huh:

post-11015-0-77039100-1449287212.jpg

Grant,

I bow down to your knowledge of m1 helmets and must except your view and knowledge concerning the heat stamp space. I swear the number is non-existence when chalked is it possible to post the last chalked picture from my thread. I am not disagreeing with you but it is not there. Marty

No need to bow, Marty. I have come across many a helmet with illegible lot numbers (frustrating). If you are able to catch the number in the right light let me know and I can add your helmet to a Schlueter chart I have been building. ;)

Ok Grant, I took the helmet to my 13 year old son, my bubble, my balloon, my everything was shot down tonight..... Drum roll...... Heat stamp on my helmet is 111a... That hurt to type!!!!!!

my bubble, my balloon, my everything was shot down tonight.....

good thing you had a helmet! ;)

but its tough sometimes with worn numbers, I also see 111 as you can see the base of the third 1 sometimes they are worn down so much you cant see them even with powder

heres one of my tougher ones, schlueter lot number 246A

post-125364-0-02323300-1449344595.jpg

• 11 months later...

Here's a rather unique heat stamp I recently came across. 11AA is contrary to what is normally understood about McCord manufactured helmets; heat stamps began around the mid-20 range and were followed by a single letter. I don't think this a super early helmet, but rather a flawed stamping.

post-11015-0-91087500-1480910079_thumb.jpg

Screamingeagles101

Here's a rather unique heat stamp I recently came across. 11AA is contrary to what is normally understood about McCord manufactured helmets; heat stamps began around the mid-20 range and were followed by a single letter. I don't think this a super early helmet, but rather a flawed stamping.

Grant, does my helmet still hold the record for earliest Schlueter heat stamp?

Best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant, does my helmet still hold the record for earliest Schlueter heat stamp?

Best.

Possibly! The chart has expanded since I last made it available. Which one was yours?

post-11015-0-56151100-1481159828.png

Screamingeagles101

Possibly! The chart has expanded since I last made it available. Which one was yours?

Mines the 25B

I clearly do not hold the record anymore haha

Mines the 25B

I clearly do not hold the record anymore haha

At least you still hold the record for lowest "B" number!......mike

Screamingeagles101

At least you still hold the record for lowest "B" number!......mike

This is true haha

This is true haha

I don`t want to disappoint you but my lowest B Number is a clearly stamped 8. No space between the 8 and the B and no digit before the 8.

Greetings, Martin

I don`t want to disappoint you but my lowest B Number is a clearly stamped 8. No space between the 8 and the B and no digit before the 8.

Greetings, Martin

Can we see a photo, Martin?

Greetings, Martin

a Schlueter?

It has a flat black painted alloy buckle. OD 3 chinstraps. So it is in no way an early fixed bail pot. But inside in very good condition. No rust.

Does the m3 bomber helmet also have a heat stamp? Just curious. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't find one when I had mine, they might though that I didn't notice

Just checked a flak helmet that i have, no sign of a lot # but the metal band for the liner is kind of right where the number would be on an M1...not sure if its under there or maybe they just didnt use them on the flak helmets...mike

Hunter Whittaker

Here's one I recently acquired you can add to your list. McCord shell stamped 79B. Would this be a 1942 date?post-157121-0-86771900-1481593209_thumb.jpgpost-157121-0-05011000-1481593222_thumb.jpg

Here's one I recently acquired you can add to your list. McCord shell stamped 79B. Would this be a 1942 date?attachicon.gifIMG_0532.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0533.JPG

his chart is only schlueter helmets, as there is no reliable chart or dating estimate for them. McCord already has a dating chart which can be found in the book "Helmets of the ETO"

Hunter Whittaker

his chart is only schlueter helmets, as there is no reliable chart or dating estimate for them. McCord already has a dating chart which can be found in the book "Helmets of the ETO"

Whoops I didn't realize that thanks for pointing that out!