WWII 82nd Airborne Division Grouping

MPoorthuis

I have a very nice WWII 82nd Airborne Division Grouping. The items belonged to a corporal who served with the 456th Parachute Field Artillery Battalion. He also was part of the 1942 Airborne Artillery Test Battery. What would something like this be worth?

w15g5x.jpg
69dfg3.jpg

Johan Willaert

Since you're asking IMO far less than the 300Euro/400USd you're asking on the other board...

125-150 maybe???

Since you're asking IMO far less than the 300Euro/400USd you're asking on the other board...

125-150 maybe???

Someone else told me this:

"The 82nd Airborne patch would go for 75 to 150 euros (depends on the type). Unmarked wings would sell for 75 to 100 euros, and a combined cap patch is worth 35 to 50 euros."

Similar groupings sold for $400, so I started with $400. I can always lower the price.

Here's my take- I periodically offer WWII 82nd A/B patches with the tab for $50 and value the wing at $75 retail here in the states. The cap patch is MAYBE a $25 item to someone who needs one, but they are the most common cap patch out there. That makes the value $150 USD. You can add the name and someone may give you a little extra for that, but they won't give a lot more- not like if you had the guy's discharge, photo or other documentation.

I realize you are in Europe so the price is a bit higher, but I don't foresee a quick sale at any amount above 200 EURO.

Allan

CNY Militaria

I agree with Johan and Allan, about $150, maybe a bit more depending on the pedigree information on the veteran or the time of the year.

IMO it could retail 200€, 250 if you're lucky.

Anything related to a particular veteran could mean increase of value.

Guess he was lucky.

I cant seem to get $25 out of decent 82nd patches......... :mellow::huh:

That's funny, I was told this belonged to a 507 POW. When offered to me there was also a picture included.

501stGeronimo

Guess he was lucky.

I cant seem to get $25 out of decent 82nd patches......... :mellow::huh:

I agree! The only ones I can sell really good are the OD Border 82nd's and the uncut centers! Do you have anything that backs up the claim of who it belonged to?

That's funny, I was told this belonged to a 507 POW. When offered to me there was also a picture included.

He was 456th PFAB! I also have his picture, a newspaper article and a postcard.

His patches and insignia were sold all together, and I just have these three items.

The other items belong to a WW2 Airborne collector. He also has the soldier's dog tags.