MEDTC Jungle Jacket to SF Soldier CPT Neill

River Patrol

River Patrol

At long last the jackets that were separated over 15 years ago have been reunited. I have no history on CPT Neill except that he was a former SF Soldier and then part of Military Equipment Delivery Team Cambodia (MEDTC). I've never seen another MEDTC jacket yet. All direct embroidered. Any information on Neill would be great if you have it.

1_110.jpg

1_117.jpg

1_118.jpg

River Patrol

second jacket (posted previously)....

1_112.jpg

1_113.jpg

1_114.jpg

1_115.jpg

River Patrol

Thanks.....I'm glad it's back together.....now if we knew more about Neill, that would be great. I think this is the first time I've shown the MEDTC jacket.

They are awesome jungle jackets and its great they are back together.

This is the only Neill i can find but others may have more luck.
I'm unsure of what its called in the US Army and if you could do such a thing during the Vietnam War but could it be possible that he was a Sergeant when he did his earlier SF tour and did a "bridging" course to attain the rank of captain in the '70s and then did the MEDTC tour.
Or i might just be drawing a long bow and there is nothing on the raddix press website about Neill on the MEDTC page.
NEILL, NORMAN C JR SGT 5S/69-0192 07/16/69 Y CMB C-1
NEILL, NORMAN C JR SGT HC/69/07426 06/19/69 Y VNJW C-1

TrenchfootJoe66

I know a former SF/MEDTC guy. Im gonna send him an email and see if the name rings a bell.

Beau-Brummel

Really nice shirts RP, thank you for taking the trouble to show us.

I owned the unit commanders shirt many years ago but like many things It got sold on unfortunately. It was direct embroidered with a subdued 'MILITARY EQUIPMENT DELIVERY TEAM CAMBODIA' arc on the sleeve I seem to remember. Sadly the name had been unpicked but the new owner was able to research It from the rank etc.

Yours, Guy.

TrenchfootJoe66

Ok, talked to Gen (ret.) Bowra today. He remembers Capt Neill and added that he was a great officer and was promoted to Major while still assigned to MEDTC. He does not recall his first name unfortunately. However he did say that he would check the rosters and orders in his possession and get back to me. Hopefully Ill have a name for you soon.

River Patrol

Thanks much.......it's interesting that Bowra would remember him.

TrenchfootJoe66

Thanks much.......it's interesting that Bowra would remember him.

No sweat Steve, glad to help.

Not too surprising. MEDTC was not a really big outfit. They were around at the same time, were brother officers and of the same rank. He recognized the name right off.

Ill be seeing Gen Bowra in a week or so, I hope to get you the full name then. Hes a really good guy and has been a big help before. Also an avid collector !

River Patrol

No sweat Steve, glad to help.

Not too surprising. MEDTC was not a really big outfit. They were around at the same time, were brother officers and of the same rank. He recognized the name right off.

Ill be seeing Gen Bowra in a week or so, I hope to get you the full name then. Hes a really good guy and has been a big help before. Also an avid collector !

You're right....MEDTC was small and being of the same rank, these guys probably crossed paths.

I probably meant to say it's kool that he remembered the name.......sleeping on the ground in a tent for the past two nights can dull the senses, but my kids love it!

Cheers,

Steve

TrenchfootJoe66

Steve

Sounds like fun !

I was really impressed with those jackets and it bugged me that you didn't have a rock solid ID for them. Then I realized that I might be able to help. They really deserve that added bit of coolness. Ill keep after Bowra. Hopefully you can obtain a more complete bio if we can provide you with his full name. Are you coming down for the North South Trader Show in July ? Gen. Bowra will be there as well. And it would give me another shot at that tan ARVN beret LOL !

River Patrol

I'll be there......but sadly the beret and arvn jacket are gone.

TrenchfootJoe66

No big deal. I should have a bunch of new Tiger stuff at the show. With any luck Ill have a few more Party suits as well.