corbo

Army Uniform Sash

I'm a newcomer.

Could anyone in the forum help me identify the sash the US Army Officer is wearing in the attached photo Thank you

post-153453-0-04037600-1403447707.jpg

When I got my last Masters Degree (Master of Military Arts & Science) while still in the Army I received a sash, also in red, white and blue. Just a thought. Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

Thank you so much Jumpin Jack. Sounds reasonable, considering the Officer's age and rather junior rank.

Hello jumpin jack

I made some search about MMAS. I could see photos of Army Officers at their MMAS ceremony, but they all wore a kind of red white and blue hood around their necks. No sash similar to the one shown in my photo. Did you receive such a hood yourself, when you got the MMAS? Thank you for your attention

I've got to say, I don't have a clue what that sash is. Is this from the Queen's Diamond Jubilee? Are there any other photos to show the rest of the sash or anyone else from the group?

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The photographer is British, and I think Dave is right. This is from the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Not sure how a 2LT got to go to that. However, we do have a deal with the British that we sent 2LTs to attend their military school. My OCS class in 2009 was one of 5 that had the chance to send one newly commissioned 2LT there.

Everyone wanted to go for the fast track in their career and that they serve beer in their DFAC.

-Steve

OEF 11-12 veteran

WWW.WW2PATCHQUILT.COM

ASMIC #5169

Buying WW2 Home Front patches (mirror patches, anything with a V or Victory, war manufacturing patches, air depots, sub depots, training school squadrons, etc...)

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

Funny that he is not wearing the Army Service medal.

-Steve

OEF 11-12 veteran

WWW.WW2PATCHQUILT.COM

ASMIC #5169

Buying WW2 Home Front patches (mirror patches, anything with a V or Victory, war manufacturing patches, air depots, sub depots, training school squadrons, etc...)

Steve,

The Army Service Ribbon is not a medal, it's just a ribbon. There are only a few ribbons in the US Army that do not have a corresponding medal, in fact the only other one I can think of is the Overseas Service Ribbon. Anyway, when you wear full size medals on the Army Service Uniform, you do not wear ribbons that do not have corresponding medals.

-Tim

Steve,

The Army Service Ribbon is not a medal, it's just a ribbon. There are only a few ribbons in the US Army that do not have a corresponding medal, in fact the only other one I can think of is the Overseas Service Ribbon. Anyway, when you wear full size medals on the Army Service Uniform, you do not wear ribbons that do not have corresponding medals.

-Tim

Tim,

Ah, you are correct. Thanks for straightening me out. The Army never gave me a chance to wear my medals like that before.

Steve

-Steve

OEF 11-12 veteran

WWW.WW2PATCHQUILT.COM

ASMIC #5169

Thank you all. Very interesting. But what about the sash. Guess it's not American. Right?

Thank you all. Very interesting. But what about the sash. Guess it's not American. Right?

No idea. I'm still at a loss for what it might be...

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Photo is from the Queen's Birthday Parade (Trooping the Color) 2014. Odd event for a 2LT of Transportation to be attending in London. He does not appear in any other photos in the extensive series of photos taken. There are many allied military, to include senior US Army and Navy officers but he is nowhere to be seen after this entrance shot.

Certainly not an MMAS sash (he's a Second Lieutenant) worn only at graduation ceremonies, certainly not US issue, certainly not an authorized item.

Very strange.

Brilliant idea...post the image to facebook, see if it can identify the guy and if it can, find his profile and ask him.

No, I'm actually not joking...fb does a pretty darn good job of facial recognition and most junior officers have fb pages...

Thank you for the suggestion. I've not been on FB so far. I'll think of joining