Sherman Tank Lovers

Legion Para

Legion Para

The auction contains many rare armoured vehicles. With that said, the Panzer Mark IV (H) may bring the most attention. This is an excellent restoration project.

post-151929-0-56092300-1403330501.jpg

Wow! :o If I won the lottery this evening, the M50 "Isherman" would be at the top of my shopping list! What an incredible selection of Shermans...all doubtless destined for museums and/or rich men's private collections.

If I win the lottery, I'd go for the Jumbo and 105mm Sherman.

The 8th Tank Bn of the 4th AD had a few of those 105s.

That Panzer will go for a terrible amount of money and will use up another terrible amount of money to get it restored.

So I rather would go for the Shermans.

Btw, there are some Stuarts available too.

Not to mention a lot of other "goodies".

Erwin

The Mk IV was the work horse of the German Army and will most likely bring the most money. As said, one of those, one of those, one of those, a that Stuart, that one, etc...

Hmmm...... Something to fill up that RV parking next to the house. :)

I wonder what the insurance would run on one of these? :mellow:

Legion Para

Some of Littlefield's tanks are fully restored, some are restored only for static display and some haven't had any restoration work done.

To have a better idea of what's being offered, one should look at production numbers and known surviving tanks. For instance, there were only 254 'Jumbo' Sherman's built and I think there are only six or seven surviving samples. This is a rare Sherman.

post-151929-0-80152500-1403366461.jpg

Cobrahistorian

I've had my eye on the M19 for a while. Don't think we're gonna be able to bid, but a running M19 would do a lot for our living history program here at the museum.

Personally speaking though, I'd have to go for the M4A3(75). 32nd Armored Regiment markings. Yeah.... one can dream.

Wow! :o If I won the lottery this evening, the M50 "Isherman" would be at the top of my shopping list! What an incredible selection of Shermans...all doubtless destined for museums and/or rich men's private collections.

About 20 years ago, you would have been in luck. An importer in the UK got about 10 or 12 of them and offered them for sale worldwide. I was building a 1/16th model of one at the time and he sent me a bunch of photos; interior and exterior. I have them...somewhere. Might be cool to post them up to show how modified the Sherman was from the original (if I can find them!)

Dave

I hope you find them because I sure want to see the differences.

The Israelis really know how do adapt different weaponry to their use.

Erwin

About 20 years ago, you would have been in luck. An importer in the UK got about 10 or 12 of them and offered them for sale worldwide. I was building a 1/16th model of one at the time and he sent me a bunch of photos; interior and exterior. I have them...somewhere. Might be cool to post them up to show how modified the Sherman was from the original (if I can find them!)

Dave

That would have been the now defunct Budge Collection. I crawled all over those Israeli Shermans during one of their open days!