Help with IDing these interesting Gunner Gloves

aviationphotog

aviationphotog

Picked these up on ebay for a steal a few days ago because they were quite interesting. I can't find any info on what they are, so thought I'd turn to this forum for some help. They appear to be A-9 AAF Gunner gloves, however they have more of a gauntlet look with side zipper on them. Zipper is a Talon, and while the gauntlet part doesn't have the typical A-9 shearling, half way down the shearling starts. I thought at first maybe they are modified A-9s, but there's no stitching, marks, or cuts on the outside leather to indicate that. There's no tags inside except for a Medium tag on one and a M tag (for medium obviously) on the other glove. Thoughts?

MysteriousGloves-01.jpg

MysteriousGloves-08.jpg

MysteriousGloves-03.jpg

MysteriousGloves-02.jpg

MysteriousGloves-04.jpg

MysteriousGloves-09.jpg

You can see the typical A-9 Glove Shearling style start half way inside:

MysteriousGloves-05.jpg

MysteriousGloves-06.jpg

MysteriousGloves-07.jpg

aviationphotog

No signs of any stamping. Could have worn off I suppose, but doesn't look like anything was ever stamped there.

BlueBookGuy

The USN variant of AAF A-9 gloves. This is 100% certain.

At least there should be some traces of stitching from a missing label, inside the cuffs.

aviationphotog

Thanks for the identification (found some shots of a Navy Gunner Gloves online) Dustin and BlueBookGuy! No stamp marks for sure, and doesn't appear to be any traces of labels inside unless it was totally removed. Just the Medium and M tags.

Stamping is not really a correct term, screen printed or decal is a better description. These can easily flake away from use and these gloves look used. As for any additional tags the Navy, if memory serves me right, did not have nomenclature tags in the gloves like the AAF counter parts just size tags.