Mismatched colors of webbing

General Apathy

• 4 months later...

Dang :pinch: I keep finding stuff I forgot about...this is a Power Source Pack for a Metal Detector, I believe...

post-3226-1268861096.jpg

General Apathy
Dang :pinch: I keep finding stuff I forgot about...this is a Power Source Pack for a Metal Detector, I believe...

post-3226-1268861096.jpg

Hi Jim, crikey I had forgotton all about this topic I started back in 2007 I think, so you keep finding stuff to add here, well done. :thumbsup:

Cheers Lewis

Ken:

Much obliged, friend :thumbsup: That was the first "transitional" piece I ever saw- picked it up in a giant surplus store in Galveston, Tx., way back before I became informed as to why such differing colors were used on a single item. It is actually the craziest "mismatch" of the whole pile; should take a few close-up shots of it.

I'm really surprised there haven't been more photo contributions to this thread...

Ken:

Much obliged, friend :thumbsup: That was the first "transitional" piece I ever saw- picked it up in a giant surplus store in Galveston, Tx., way back before I became informed as to why such differing colors were used on a single item. It is actually the craziest "mismatch" of the whole pile; should take a few close-up shots of it.

I'm really surprised there haven't been more photo contributions to this thread...

I know what store you are talking about... it may have been wiped out by Ike in 08.

Sam

I know what store you are talking about... it may have been wiped out by Ike in 08.

Sam

Strand Surplus Senter, owned and operated by my old friend Meyer Reiswerg, a.k.a. Col. Bubbie.

Wow- I wonder how he fared from that...he had 3 warehouses of stuff... :think:

UPDATE: I just did a quick search, and learned that Meyer passed away last May :crying: The store is still going, though.

Strand Surplus Senter, owned and operated by my old friend Meyer Reiswerg, a.k.a. Col. Bubbie.

Wow- I wonder how he fared from that...he had 3 warehouses of stuff... :think:

UPDATE: I just did a quick search, and learned that Meyer passed away last May :crying: The store is still going, though.

Col. Bubbie???? Don't they have an online store?

Sam

• 5 months later...

Great thread! I always pick up the mismatched colors of webbing when I run across them. They are just so different from the average color of webbing and has an almost natural camo look.

Great thread! I always pick up the mismatched colors of webbing when I run across them. They are just so different from the average color of webbing and has an almost natural camo look.

This stuff has really increased in popularity through the years. Some of the shade mix-ups are so contrasting, they almost look like they'd stand out too much :lol:

• 2 months later...

Well, here we go again...can't believe I neglected to hang these babies up here in the last round...

Bags, Ammunition, General Purpose:

post-3226-1290220177.jpeg

• 7 months later...

It's mix-up time again!! :w00t: A '45-dated Field Bag:

post-3226-1310271774.jpeg

Most of these late-model M1936 Suspenders in the pile have shoulder straps made from M1A1 Gas Mask Carrier straps; if you look closely, you can see where they were once folded over and sewn, with the tailors' layout markings still present.

Another '45, this one O.D. #7 with light straps and mixed-up Suspenders...

post-3226-1310271925.jpeg

Here is one of the most common "transitional" canvas gear of all, the late 1943 Rucksack with dark O.D. body and light O.D./tan webbing and binding. This one is stamped "Hinson Mfg. Co. 1943".

post-3226-1310272567.jpeg

Here's a better shot of the weird Avery Rucksack showing the contrasting panels of canvas:

post-3226-1310314656.jpeg

This pack still carries the revised 1943 Rifle Hook on the lower right frame, which is nearly always gone from these packs.

• 7 months later...