Mismatched colors of webbing

General Apathy

I have some too but you have all outdone what I have. Robert

Well, what the heck...put up some pics anyhow!!!! Me, I never get tired of looking at other peoples' goodies :w00t:

The inside...

post-3226-1310314867.jpeg

Jim

Thats a great mountain pack.Never have seen the 2nd pattern rifle snap and leather keeper.Easy to see why they get lost or removed and are not seen

Jim

Thats a great mountain pack.Never have seen the 2nd pattern rifle snap and leather keeper.Easy to see why they get lost or removed and are not seen

Ron-

Thanks- this is the "Pride of the Transitional Fleet" :lol: That Rifle Hook was one of the 2 main reasons I bothered to bid on this Pack (already had some of this variation), the other being the tan bottom panel. I didn't know about the whole inside half being light O.D. until I got it out of the box. And as you say, the '43-revised hooks are almost invariably gone. The other ones have them too, but that took some serious scrounging for some of them, and the "Hinson" is still lacking the hardware itself.

Here's a better shot of the weird Avery Rucksack showing the contrasting panels of canvas:

Rucksack____43_trans.__2_USMF.jpeg

This pack still carries the revised 1943 Rifle Hook on the lower right frame, which is nearly always gone from these packs.

:drool2:

• 3 months later...
'Flage Guy

Dated '43...this is one of the only pieces I've ever seen made by Coglizer Tent & Awning that is not a pair of M1936 (Modified) Suspenders.

post-3226-1338738751.jpg

'Flage Guy

The back side. I've been trying to nail down a Shovel Cover of the opposite color mixture (khaki flap and O.D.#7 front panel) for about 90 years now, but thus far the only time I've ever seen one was on "Gomer Pyle" a few years ago... :crying:

post-3226-1338739021.jpg

'Flage Guy

Here's a "Hinson Mfg. Co. 1943" Ammo Belt, with each side obviously made in different parts of the factory.

post-3226-1338742617.jpg

'Flage Guy

It's hard for me to tell if the lighter parts of this Belt are lighter shades of O.D.#7 or dark shades of O.D.#3... :dunno:

post-3226-1338742814.jpg

'Flage Guy

"Transitional Syndrome" shows up in the darndest places, like the shoulder harnesses on this "G.&R. Co." Jungle Pack...

post-3226-1338746103.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey Jose- thought you'd like this thread!

Here are some good mismatches from earlier days; a couple of stitched Cartridge Belts put together from differing components. The upper Belt is made by L.C.Chase Co., the lower by the Long Co..

post-3226-0-56333000-1421258293.jpg

Hey Ron, thanks for the comment.

I keep thinking of stuff I need to put up on this crazy thread, and hadn't bothered to.

"Don't match"... :lol: It's almost comical how serious some folks are about that. I was that way when I was a kid, but now I think all these jumbled up shades in canvas and uniforms are about the max of cool.

It's a riot to think of W.W.II G.I.s getting antsy over such stuff..."Hey! This doesn't have a Q.M. tag!!!" "This Helmet Cover doesn't match these 'flage Utilities!!!!" :D

My small contribution. A 1943 dated carbine pouch used by Walter Alcorn of the 111th FAB. It has a light colored bottom with a pea green flap.

post-151093-0-09894000-1421268342.jpg

• 4 years later...

I just stumbled onto this thread while poking around the forum. It may be an oldie, but is still a goodie. I love the mixed colored equipment. I'll have to dig up some pictures of my poor old 3 toned M1944 pack. It was great seeing the stuff shown so far. Let's see some more! There must be more dug up in the past 5 years.

Mikie

General Apathy

I just stumbled onto this thread while poking around the forum. It may be an oldie, but is still a goodie. I love the mixed colored equipment. I'll have to dig up some pictures of my poor old 3 toned M1944 pack. It was great seeing the stuff shown so far. Let's see some more! There must be more dug up in the past 5 years.

Mikie

Hi Mikie, many thanks for bringing this back up again, although I started this thread back in 2007 it had slipped my mind with many other threads I have going, the reports from Normandy being almost a full time thread.

So I have to say thanks to ' Flage-Guy ' for adding the majority of pieces to this thread.

Here's my Para-Marine jump smock, the two lower large pockets are way different to the color of the body, and there is a small difference in color of the top left pocket.

regards all, lewis.

.post-344-0-30727000-1574103794_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

Two color M-36 pack . . . . . . . . . . .

This is not only a two color or mis-matched color musette, the whole body of the pack is made of the rubberised type of canvas, while the flap is just normal single ply canvas, I would have thought that the top flap would have been most important to protect contents from rain. Virtually unused made by ' Arnold Mfg. 1943 '

lewis.

.post-344-0-41598000-1574104426.jpeg

General Apathy

M-43 folding shovel covers 1st pattern

Two M-43 shovel covers both 1st pattern with fixed position hooks on the rear. Variation of webbing and edging used in the manufacture, both dated 1943.

lewis

.post-344-0-40248000-1574104702.jpeg