Reading's WWII Weekend - Aircraft photos

Waltz41

A number of the exhibits and encampments are specialized... such as this one for the Civil Air Patrol...

AA CAP D.jpg

AA CAP B.jpg

AA CAP C.jpg

AA CAP A.jpg

AA CAP.jpg

This is more UK related, but this is to show there is a bit of humor at the WWII Weekend...

AA UXO.jpg

I included these for the aircraft in the background...

This restored classic car is marked as a service vehicle for Pan American Airways.

AA Pan Am.jpg

AA Pan Am A.jpg

manayunkman

I lived in Pa. for over 30 years and on the first weekend of June I spent the entire weekend combing the Allendale and Rossmoyne neighborhoods before and during their neighborhood yard sales.

I never attended the Reading Air Show even though it was only a few minutes away.

So I thank you for these pictures.

A good friend of mine who was a P-51 pilot was instrumental in getting that Black Widow out of the jungle and wrote a book about it.

In WWII a pilot took a girl out on a joy ride and pancaked the plane on the side of a hill.

It took a lot of hand greasing to get it out of the jungle and to the U.S.

Twice my good friend (RIP) Vance Kyle, some of his mementos are on display at the museum, and I went to Reading and volunteered to work on it.

It's great to see how far along it has come.

The first time I went they were putting "Briefing Time" back together after an accident.

I had a chance to watch the skill of the riveter as he put the skin back on the plane.

I'm not sorry that I never went to the show as I always pulled a treasure out of those neighborhoods and didn't want to miss them.

Two painted A-2's, a huge wing collection and a load of Marine WWII camouflage ( 8 sets of jacket and pants mint ) just to name a few.

I miss Pa. :(

Awesome pictures from a great show at little old Reading, PA!

I do attend this show with my son but couldn't make it this year.

Hear is my favorite picture (so far) from the 2013 show showing a B29 and B17 on the same runway - when's the last time we have seen this!!

thx

mike

post-80886-0-47242700-1404915782.jpg