"You can bone us but you dont own us" AF PATCH ID

JerseyDevil117

JerseyDevil117

Picked this patch up at a flea market, can anyone give me an ID on what unit it is? It has a velcro back. Some of these af patches are pretty funny. haha

As soon as i find an ID on it, it will be listed on ebay. if anyone is interested in owning it.

2drfeyr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Johnny Signor

The B-1 Bomber is "affectionately " called the "Bone" I'd venture it's a maintenance unit for one of the B-1 Squadrons/Wings ................

Looks Turkish or maybe Korean made. That phrase is/was used by all maintainers at just about every base regardless of mission. The 67 AMU at Kadena used it on one of their unofficial patches in the 80s. Could just be a generic morale patch.

Randy

Ex Fighter Crew Chief

• 2 weeks later...

Looks Turkish or maybe Korean made. That phrase is/was used by all maintainers at just about every base regardless of mission. The 67 AMU at Kadena used it on one of their unofficial patches in the 80s. Could just be a generic morale patch.

Randy

Ex Fighter Crew Chief

I have never heard it before as an airlift crew chief, so it must be a fighter thing.....

-Ski

I have never heard it before as an airlift crew chief, so it must be a fighter thing.....

-Ski

Us fighter guys didn't have a union! :D There was also a WEBOO patch. We Bone Our Own. But seriously, aircraft maintenance on anything in the USAF was a grind. Well, maybe not on the drones...

Randy