Is this a legit US Navy G-1 Flight Jacket?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I have had this jacket for years and I was just wondering if it is a legit US Navy jacket? The jacket has no military tags in it and the tag in the collar says Furland Star Sportswear. It does however have USN punch in the flap and it looks professionally done. So what do you think?

post-1412-0-37445800-1402619389.jpgpost-1412-0-36639400-1402619397.jpg

Nope. Made for the the civilian market. The USN perforation is interesting, but the jacket and label are no where close to an issued G-1.

JD

unclegrumpy

Star Sportswear made issue G-1's, but not in this color shade combination of the leather and cuffs/waistband for the military. Who knows why they decided to perforate the wind flap with the USN on a civilian model, but it would have been very easy for them to do.

Manchu Warrior

I purchased the jacket with some hesitation about ten years ago. I didn't think is was US issued but the USN perforation is what sold me on the jacket. But, I only paid $20.00 for it and it is really clean so I am sure I can get my money back out of it someday. I appreciate the information. Thanks!

unclegrumpy

Typically, depending a bit on the size, jackets like this, in this condition bring around $75....and sometimes a bit more, maybe as much as $150. That is about the same neighborhood Vietnam era issue G-1's go for as well. I think you might be able to find someone that is more interested in fashion than military being willing to swap you strait across for an issue one....