Khaki Tie used as a "Short Snorter"?

Skip

Picked this up with a collection of items apearing to be related includding shelter halfs, poles, pegs and This tie and an over seas cap. A photo of of the suposed owner was also included. My first thought on the tie was that it might be some kind of improvised "short snorter" but upon investigation of the inscription on the back ofthe photo "Caraboa". This lead me to wonder if it might have something to due with this order. Thougts?

post-5716-0-71566700-1402591734.jpg

summersdogs

Picked this up with a collection of items apearing to be related includding shelter halfs, poles, pegs and This tie and an over seas cap. A photo of of the suposed owner was also included. My first thought on the tie was that it might be some kind of improvised "short snorter" but upon investigation of the inscription on the back ofthe photo "Caraboa". This lead me to wonder if it might have something to due with this order. Thougts?

Skip, I can't any make an informed opinion of your pictured item, but I have to say that not only have I learned what a short snorter is but also the fascinating story of Carabao. Another reason why this forum is such a valuable resource for me...and many, many others, I'm sure.

Cool tie, no matter what it represents !

Lynne

• 4 weeks later...
CombatEng44

Nice pieces! Never thought about them signing field items. The only Short Snorter I have is a $1.00 bill signed by some WAVES and the one my dad brought back from WWII.

• 1 year later...

Siege1863, Thanks for sharing. Yes it looks like a very similar theme.

BROBS, Would love to seethe shirt. Thanks for your comments.