Sign in to follow this  
rrobertscv

Yard sale find. Signal Corp. test unit. WWII??

Picked this up Sat. I don't know anything about signal corp items, is this WWII?

000_0053.jpg

000_0054.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

Always looking for 70th Division(The Trailblazers) items or photos.

it looks like an old volt meter, and the date seems to be March of 45 so I would say yes. Cool item.

Brandon Sivek "God Bless Texas, and these United States"

In loving memory: Great Cousin 2nd Lt. Louis E. Machala, B-17 Pilot

2nd Air Force, 331st BG, 461st BS

Killed near Glenrock, WY on Feb. 25, 1943 during night time practice bombing

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WW2 ARMY AIR FORCE FLIGHT GEAR

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

PROUD MEMBER OF THE COMMEMORATIVE AIR FORCE

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FELLOW WINGNUT ASSOCIATION,

WINGNUTS OF THE WORLD UNITE!

According to one site:

I-236 Test Unit

Part of TE-50

Neon and Mazda lamp AC and DC voltage check unit used in maintaining teletypewriter equipment, to check the continuity of circuits which may or may not contain a “voltage”.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

Yes it is from WWII the orange MFP and date is when the unit was made fungus proof. I have the one also, nice yard sale find.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American . . . There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have no room for but one flag, the American Flag . . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language . . . and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

- Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

Yes it is from WWII the orange MFP and date is when the unit was made fungus proof. I have the one also, nice yard sale find.

Question, how did they make something fungus proof, hoping to learn something new? think.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

Always looking for 70th Division(The Trailblazers) items or photos.

Question, how did they make something fungus proof, hoping to learn something new? think.gif

I don't know the process but if you can find one of these I'm sure it will answer your question.

Technical Bulletin, TB SIG 13, 03/07/44.

Moistureproofing and Fungiproofing Signal Corps Equipment, 51 pages.

PB 3857 - BSIR 1(7):239; 01/22/46

Note: With Change 1, 21 February 1945

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American . . . There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have no room for but one flag, the American Flag . . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language . . . and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

- Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.