11th Air Assault Division Badges

Simon F

These came to me as a small grouping, but there is no way to authenticate that these belonged to the same person. I wondered what anybody here makes of the small metal shield dated 1963?

post-111-0-97677100-1402516651.jpg

Probably a pendant for a neclace.Sweetheart jewelry.Also seen things like this pn the old nintage key rings.The ones with the metal coil and clip on one end

I think doyler is correct its a sweetheart piece a necklace or charm bracelet gee gaw.The 11th air assault test unit was activated Feb.1st of 1963 so it most likely is why its dated 1963.The trooper was in the first contingent of the unit and probably bought it for his girl.Scotty

Seeing the inscription on the bagde I would say he was a orignal member of the 11th AA group

A necklace pendant would make sense, many thanks for the help on this one.

I think doyler is correct its a sweetheart piece a necklace or charm bracelet gee gaw.The 11th air assault test unit was activated Feb.1st of 1963 so it most likely is why its dated 1963.The trooper was in the first contingent of the unit and probably bought it for his girl.Scotty

Great piece of info regards formation and confirming as sweetheart jewellery, thanks Scotty.