"Return of the Pink Panther"...well, almost!

Sabrejet

This Jeep was at the big Jeep meet in Carentan, Normandy, last week when 200 Jeeps of all types were lined up side by side...a most impressive sight! The example seen below certainly stood out from the rest in their uniform OD colour schemes! It is in fact an original WW2 example ( I can't recall if it was a Willys or a Ford) The female owner...a young Norwegian girl...claimed to have restored it herself between the ages of 16 - 20. Apart from its unique camo scheme, it also had fluffy pink seat covers and steering wheel trim etc! :o

Seen alongside it, goofing around, L to R are yours truly, the forum's General Apathy, Johan Willaert, the owner and bfryer44.

post-8022-0-05638300-1402311758.jpg

post-8022-0-66589600-1402311761.jpg

Sabrejet,

I believe that jeep is painted in the camouflage scheme of the SAS. :)

For those of you who have built Tamiya models may remember, the SAS Land Rover was painted in a pink color for camouflage.

post-203-0-39787800-1402312475.jpg

Ah yes....I remember that kit well...built one myself back in the 90s! Next to the Jeep it looks positively subdued! :lol:

Backtheattack

No, it seems it is a fantasy design. The SAS vehicles where painted without different shades of pink.

No, it seems it is a fantasy design. The SAS vehicles where painted without different shades of pink.

Yes...we know. It was a joke which obviously got lost in the translation!? :rolleyes:

Backtheattack

I apologize for misunderstand. You`re right, speaking a language didn`t mean understanding all the fineness of it.