Viet Nam Silk Tiger

Crypto

Found this yesterday at a flea market at the last vendor and late in the day. Was surprised it was still there as this vendor was close to the entrance. Appears to be a wall hanging or a table scarf. It is undated. Best part - $3

post-144747-0-69572100-1402249699.jpg

Firefighter. That's what I thought but there is no way to slide a pillow in. Sewn all around and no slit in back. Thinking it was a pillow cover is what caught my eye. Then I unfolded it and saw it wasn't and was marked Viet Nam. Wouldn't you love that tiger on a jacket?

I have two of these- only they are blue background-one facing the same direction as yours and one is facing the other way. My uncle brought them back from Vietnam

firefighter

Firefighter. That's what I thought but there is no way to slide a pillow in. Sewn all around and no slit in back. Thinking it was a pillow cover is what caught my eye. Then I unfolded it and saw it wasn't and was marked Viet Nam. Wouldn't you love that tiger on a jacket?

For sure.That is some nice art work.

Really nice piece. I just picked up one of these myself in purple. They are hand embroidered, and the craftsmanship is just fantastic. They are just one of the thousands of souvenirs a GI could get at any number of shops in Vietnam during the war.