Found this chevron, what era?

subsystem4

subsystem4

Anybody Know what era this chevron is? I thought it might be an early previous service or overseas service type chevron, but i really have no clue.

post-2035-1212955857.jpg

It has a coating on the back.

post-2035-1212955873.jpg

The color is a liitle dark, but it looks like a fairly recent US Army Private E-2 chevron for the Army Green service uniform. It could have also been worn on the khaki uniforms and, before subdued insignia came into use around 1968, on field uniforms. For a time this chevron represented the grade of Private First Class. I'm sorry, I don't know the time period for that usage.

subsystem4

The edge material is a very dark blue. It seemed a little small for a regular army pfc stripe but i only collect navy insignia so what do i know :)

Captainofthe7th

If it's smaller, it could be a female stripe. The blue edging also makes me think of the new army dress blues, but I know nothing about them.

It's definitely some sort of Pvt or Pfc stripe though. The actual grade changes due to the era it was used in..

Rob

If the background is dark blue and small size, it's Army dress blue chevron for Pvt. If it's only slightly smaller than the standard 3" wide Army chevrons, it's the newer "unisex", Army chevron design. They measure about 2 1/2" wide and can be worn by males or females on the dress blue uniform.