Woman Marine footlocker grouping.

market garden

market garden
Fantastic Grouping!

Glad it stayed together!

BKW

Thanks I am trying to get a photo of her and her enlistment from the newspaper. It is the best grouping I have.

Market garden

Leatherneck72

I am not a huge fan of BAM stuff, but I have to say that this is the most complete grouping of women's items that I have seen..

Nice...

• 1 month later...

What an awesome grouping! I don't know how I missed it when you first posted this in June. I'm glad I found it now. Womens groupings are sure in short supply and don't get the accolades that they deserve. thumbsup.gif

Kurt Barickman

That is a great BAM grouping, I agree women's groups are vastly underrated and appreciated. Congrats on a very nice score.

Kurt Barickman

General Apathy

Hi Market Garden, Fantastic collection, deeply envious, I found many of these pieces as individual items over the years but never a grouping like this. Lost for words.

Hope you acquire more information on the lady who owned all this.

Museum quality collection.

Cheers ( Lewis )

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
fortworthgal

Wow, NICE grouping!!!! Definitely the finest USMCWR grouping I have ever seen. I'm also extremely impressed (and ridiculously envious!) that you even got the spruce green daisy mae! I've been researching and buying women's WWII stuff for years and I've never even SEEN one. I also love the issue stockings package - very cool! Good job, and kudos for keeping it all together!

I notice that your spruce green visor has the blackened bronze buttons instead of gilt - very interesting... although all of my research indicates they should be gold, I just picked one up that has the blackened buttons as well. Since this grouping came from a lady that served from 43-45 that pretty much confirms that they were also used during the war, but not documented. Very interesting!

(Btw, you ever decide to sell the grouping, I'd double your money. Hehe!) ^_^

• 1 month later...

:think: SEMPER FI! Here is a positive of the negative of the Discharge to make it easier to read! :thumbsup: Sarge Booker of Tujunga

post-837-1248640226.jpg

Great grouping to an obviously Proud Woman Marine. BTW they don't like to be called 'BAM"s and I'll respect their wishes. Semper Fi......Bobgee

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for all your coments on this grouping it is one of my best. I have picked up a WW2 womans Navy officers grouping of cloths I will(four uniforms) I will post them later next year. Iam deployed for OIF right now so my collecting is at a halt. again Thanks for the coments. John

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys for all your coments on this grouping it is one of my best. I have picked up a WW2 womans Navy officers grouping of cloths I will(four uniforms) I will post them later next year. Iam deployed for OIF right now so my collecting is at a halt. again Thanks for the coments. John

Many thanks sir for posting pictures of that great grouping! :) And another WWII womans grouping on the way, if only I was lucky enough to run into these...

By the way, thank you for your service to the country! :thumbsup:

- Jeff

market garden
Many thanks sir for posting pictures of that great grouping! :) And another WWII womans grouping on the way, if only I was lucky enough to run into these...

By the way, thank you for your service to the country! :thumbsup:

- Jeff

I can not wait to get back and take some photos of the four uniforms. There common uniforms. I believe there are two white and two striped dresses.

I have several hat tops blue,white but I need the rest of the hat. Found a 1937 penny in the small pocket on the breast. I really would like to get a

complete trunk grouping of each womans service. I know of a WASPS grouping in my home town but I do not know if I can get it. The family wont part

with it. Also I have I forgot a WW2/Korean war womans Airforce Khaki dress with the post ww2 Airforce stripes on a WW2 era dress an there is a big

moth hole in the breast. Thanks for all the comments guys.

• 2 years later...